Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Sedan 2008 Chevrolet Z06 2006 Silverado Votec Max
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving at night and noticed that the P R N D +M- on the center console doesn't light up. Is this just mine or does all CTS-V Sedan Autos do this?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
mik2718 is correct. There is no internal illumination of the auto labels on any V. However, there is a small LED in the upper console that should be on and provides some illumination of the auto. Caddyscat has the best advice - that is, look at the gear indication in the gauge cluster.

It should also be noted that the small dots in the door opener buttons do not illuminate at any time. They do on the DTS when the dash lights are on, but not on the 2009 and later CTS-V. In fact, unlike the DTS, there is no wire going to the connector that connects to the door opener module on the V. The connector has three positions but only two are used on the V (all three are used on the DTS and one wire carries the dash light voltage when the dash lights are on).

G

·
I was driving at night and noticed that the P R N D +M- on the center console doesn't light up. Is this just mine or does all CTS-V Sedan Autos do this?
:confused: Why would you need it?
Certainly you can sense whether you are going forward or in reverse and if the console lever is to the left or right.
Eh... maybe it's just me.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Sedan 2008 Chevrolet Z06 2006 Silverado Votec Max
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just wanted to know for peace of mind.

Thanks for the responses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts