Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Eldorado
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, I have searched through the forum and did not find a definite answer to this problem. My auto temp control knob will only turn on the auto climate control when I push it in and not turn it off when I push it in again... It always used to push in to turn on and push again to turn off. I can turn it off now by using the mode selector only and not by pushing in the auto temp knob. I noticed this happening right after I was setting the memory for my drivers side mirror and the hvac was on at the time.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2006 XJ, 2000 Eldorado ESC--total loss :(
1,180 Posts
That is the way it should work. The "off" button is over to the right with the little square defroster and recirc buttons.

That round button is the quick-access to fully automatic control. If you want non-auto you have to press the mode, fan speed, or AC button. Any time you press the mode button it will stay in that setting until you press "auto" again.

·
Registered
1998 Eldorado
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O.K. Thanks for the reply, I guess I just thought for some reason it worked in another way so everything is good.

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
Press the big round button to turn on the climate control in auto mode.
That means the desired temperature you set is what the system will struggle to maintain.
You need to get to the desired temperature faster change up the fan speed. Too much noise from vents, change the fan speed down.
You need to have air from certain vents well now you are getting into the "custom-manual" settings.
Tired of climate control press the OFF button and is OFF.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts