Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Auto-stop button is lit, but auto-stop isn't working. Does anyone know of a simple fix? I've tried turning it off and on several times to no avail. I think it was working before my last oil change.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The cheeky response is, "What are you complaining about?! Some people would kill for that problem!" :D

But seriously, the Owners Manual indicates:
Auto Stop may be deactivated if:
- A minimum vehicle speed is not reached.
- The engine or transmission is not at the required operating temperature.
- The outside temperature is not in the required operating range, typically below−10 °C (14 °F) or above 50 °C (122 °F).
- The shift lever is in any gear other than D (Drive).
- The battery has been recently disconnected.
- The battery charge is low.
- The interior comfort level has not reached the required level for the climate control system or defog settings.
- The Auto Stop time is greater than two minutes.

If none of those conditions seems likely, schedule a visit to the dealer and have it looked at under warranty.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I agree with Phantom14 that would be a good problem to have for most people. Scroll through your info display and check the voltage reading. Hot weather, short trips, with heavy AC demand often results in lower than normal battery charge level which may be restricting auto stop. Otherwise something else is probably up with your car and if you have a really good dealer you could have them check before it manifests as a bigger problem but I suspect your dealer will respond "no lights, no codes, NO problem so get lost".

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Phantom14, thanks for your reply. I'll need to check each of the conditions. I do most of my driving in-town, and it's possible one or more of these conditions could occur. I'm puzzled by the last one since it implies that the auto Stop Time can be set, and I've found no way to do that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, rsingl. I'll do that. Hot weather, short trips, with AC demand describes my recent driving situation perfectly.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm puzzled by the last one since it implies that the auto Stop Time can be set, and I've found no way to do that.
- The Auto Stop time is greater than two minutes.
I think that last condition isn't referring to a setting somewhere, but actually the length of time that the auto-stop is in effect, i.e. after initially turning off when you come to a stop, the engine may come back on if you remain stopped with your foot on the brake for more than two minutes - under the right circumstances, of course, like if electrical or HVAC conditions fell below a certain threshold. That's a classic example of wording in an owner's manual being a bit ambiguous...lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts