Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am unable to get the Memory Seat Recall to work. After I set the seats, steering column, and mirrors, I press the memory button and the 1 button at the SAME time and I get a beep. I then go into the Vehicle Menu and set the Easy Exit Option to ON and the Auto Memory Recall to "On-At Ignition On." When I turn off the vehicle and open the door the seats move to the exit positions. That is all fine. However, when I re-enter the vehicle and start the car, the seats Does not move at all. Note that I just got a new key fob, and it was recently programmed. if I then press and hold the #1 button on the driver's door, everything moves to the positions I set for that button. I have tried this many times and all with the same results. Knowing the fact, that key fob #2 is working fine and the Auto Memory recall is working fine. Am I doing something wrong? Can someone out there help me? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Premium silver-coast/shale-brownstone
818 Posts
The old Fob 1 is still programmed to the vehicle. I'm guessing the new fob was simply added to the list of fobs in your vehicle BCM. Technically, your new/replacement fob is considered Fob 3 by the vehicle, and cannot be matched to a memory save position. You have to have all the original fobs erased/cleared out of the system, then re-program your new fob first (so it becomes Fob 1) and then re-program your existing Fob 2 to the vehicle. Probably have to get a dealer to do this, don't think you can clear all and reprogram from scratch yourself, nor re-program a 'used' (already matched before) fob.

Max

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The old Fob 1 is still programmed to the vehicle. I'm guessing the new fob was simply added to the list of fobs in your vehicle BCM. Technically, your new/replacement fob is considered Fob 3 by the vehicle, and cannot be matched to a memory save position. You have to have all the original fobs erased/cleared out of the system, then re-program your new fob first (so it becomes Fob 1) and then re-program your existing Fob 2 to the vehicle. Probably have to get a dealer to do this, don't think you can clear all and reprogram from scratch yourself, nor re-program a 'used' (already matched before) fob.

Max
Thank you Max. I think I have to go to the dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts