Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2001 eldorado,2008 DTS,2005 XLR, '96 eldo,'95 eldo,' 89 eldo,'78 eldo,'11CTS-V
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a '03 DeVille. Nice shape.
Going thru it, I found the auto lock/ unlock feature doesn't unlock when shifting into PARK.
It'll manually unlock with a press of the lock/unlock button, but not automatically when shifting into PARK.
Any ideas?
There's no owners manual, but I've got an '02 manual that MAY explain why this is (when I read it) but thought I'd ask here first.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,886 Posts
It's a Personalization thing - owner's manual, and a 2002 manual should be OK.

·
Registered
2000 Deville Base, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
1,104 Posts
It is in the feature programing section in the DIC. You have to enable it. I have it set that way in my car.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,153 Posts
yeah that ^^^^^^^^ even my base model allows personalization of locks in many ways. Also, by changing a fuse location in the front fuse box, you can change whether power ports are hot all the time, or only with key-on.

·
Registered
2002 DTS, 1997 SLS
609 Posts
yeah that ^^^^^^^^ even my base model allows personalization of locks in many ways. Also, by changing a fuse location in the front fuse box, you can change whether power ports are hot all the time, or only with key-on.
Please do tell... I’ve always wanted the power ports to be hot at all times like they were in my older Cadillacs. I’ve held back on buying a cell phone charger because of this.

·
Administrator
69,886 Posts
In your DTS underhood fuse box there are two 12V power port fuses - they may be installed 2 ways in the 3-hole socket. One way the ports turn off with RAP; the other way they stay hot 24/7.

Look inside the box top cover for the fuse numbers.

Not sure about a 1997 - .

12V outlet fuses.gif

·
Registered
2002 DTS, 1997 SLS
609 Posts
Ok I haven’t gone out to look under the hood yet, but looking at my owners manual this picture seems to match the 1 you posted and those 2 fuses are Cigar Lighter #2 and Cigar Lighter #1.

I’ll go out and have a look at it in a minute. What exactly do I need to do with them? Thanks.

It says it right there on the previous page of my owners manual... To move them to the outer position to enable them when the ignition is not on... Cool.

·
Registered
2002 DTS, 1997 SLS
609 Posts
Stupid question... I need to unscrew these 3 bolts? When I’m done, do I need to screw this cover back on? It says on the cover to remove and discard this cover for fuse servicing. Discard it? Really?

·
Administrator
69,886 Posts
Odd one - doesn't that cover unsnap at the ends?

·
Registered
2002 DTS, 1997 SLS
609 Posts
Odd one - doesn't that cover unsnap at the ends?
This was Underneath the cover that unsnaps at both ends... I tried to pull it off from both sides and also just the left side where it says “pull here” but it seems to be held down by those 3 bolts.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,153 Posts
remove the three bolts; remove that cover. Underneath that you'll find the removable cover that unsnaps from the ends.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
To get the ports hot all the time just remove the fuse and put it one slot over. It even describes this in the owners manual if you want the ports hot all the time. Hers is my car with the fuses in question moved over one slot to be hot all the time.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
remove the three bolts; remove that cover. Underneath that you'll find the removable cover that unsnaps from the ends.
You do not have to remove the three bolts, just lift from each side and the cover pops right off with the three bolts remaining. I just did it ten minutes ago.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Stupid question... I need to unscrew these 3 bolts? When I’m done, do I need to screw this cover back on? It says on the cover to remove and discard this cover for fuse servicing. Discard it? Really?

There is a little lip right under each bolt that holds that cover on. Just lift where it says to and that cover will pop right off with the bolts remaining where they are.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts