Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97' Cadillac Catera and has a Auto Levelling blinking in my dash board so, I went to dealer for checkup and they figured out, it was a wire broken at the beginning of the compressor. They told me to replace it but, I don't want to replace as its costing around $600 for parts and labor. So, I decided to disconnect Auto-levelling compressor plug from the sensor. Is that going to be a problem? I have been riding the vehicle without the auto levelling working. The ride is little bumpy but, I don't know whether its going to affect the suspension in future?

You guys have any idea where I can get this part cheaper like junk yard, used parts some where?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
'97 Seville STS
162 Posts
Yes the car car be driven with the air-leveling diabled.

Is it good though? Probably not. My experience with a '97 Seville STS was that with the air-leveling disabled the shocks were constantly "bottomed-out". My guess would be that long-term damage may occur. However, I did run my car for ~ a month with no air-leveling and did not seem to incure any long-term issues.

The pumps are often available on eBay. I got mine for $19.95 used, installed it myself, and it's been working fine for over a year now. Junkyards probably have them too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts