Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my first road trip last weekend (Dallas to Austin) and had zero issues. Great vehicle for road trips!

So while driving on the back roads of Austin at night, I noticed that my high beams switched on and off by themselves. I'm not a "read the manual" kinda guy, so I was totally unaware of this feature, and was blown away at how well it worked! Not only does it accurately and quickly detects on coming headlights and taillights ahead of you, but also when the ambient lights in the area are bright enough, they will also dim. Just another cool feature that makes me happy that I stepped up to the E! :yup:

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
jspn01 said:
Took my first road trip last weekend (Dallas to Austin) and had zero issues. Great vehicle for road trips! So while driving on the back roads of Austin at night, I noticed that my high beams switched on and off by themselves. I'm not a "read the manual" kinda guy, so I was totally unaware of this feature, and was blown away at how well it worked! Not only does it accurately and quickly detects on coming headlights and taillights ahead of you, but also when the ambient lights in the area are bright enough, they will also dim. Just another cool feature that makes me happy that I stepped up to the E! :yup:
Make sure you put it on 4auto for the dallas ice road conditions!

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, she's staying put in the garage today! Would hate to see her on a wrecker with the paper tags still on lol! I trust myself, but not the other bozos out here

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
1,071 Posts
It's called the intellibeam system. The high beams will activate when conditions are very dark and will turn off when lots of light is found in the area or close to an on coming vehicle.

The 2007-2014 model was first introduced that feature. That had an button on the rearview mirror next to the onstar "high beam symbol auto".

I am trying to figure out how to take it off, my dad got pulled over couple days ago because of the intellibeam. Luckily the officer gave him a warning.

Question, is the intellibeam DOT approved?

·
Registered
2015 ESCALADE ESV 2015 CTS 2018 XT5. 2018 CT6
418 Posts
Sounds like your dad accidentally put the high beam headlights on manually, which overrides the auto intellibeam. When high beams are on there is still a blue light that comes on the dash. Auto headlights are not working unless there is an "A" next to the headlight symbol on the dash.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Sounds like your dad accidentally put the high beam headlights on manually, which overrides the auto intellibeam. When high beams are on there is still a blue light that comes on the dash. Auto headlights are not working unless there is an "A" next to the headlight symbol on the dash.
I asked him that. He said at that time the "A headlight symbol" was showing, didn't touch the light/signal stock, and was very dark in the area which caused it to activate. He told me the officer was sitting in the dark.

He doesn't care so much. He just drives, that's all. So we moved on from that ordeal and forgot about it. I am guessing the officer doesn't know about the new technology that is featured in the new vehicles.

I just wanted to know how to shut it off just incase it happens again.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade Platinum (soon), 2013 Nissan GTR E85 (sold)
49 Posts
There is a round knob to the left of the steering wheel column that allows you to control the headlight functions. You can disable it there.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I did that. I am also reading the manual and looking through the CUE if there is another way get it off.

I know my 2013 Platinum has the button to turn the intellibeam off, wish that button still exist on the new one.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
I love that system....I have it on the 3 cars I currently own, have had it on the 3 previous Benz vehicles I owned....it works perfectly! The only time I override it is at slow speeds in the development where I live....since the system defaults to "off" at a speed somewhere near 25 and lower,( I forget exactly ) and there are times i WANT the high's!

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did that. I am also reading the manual and looking through the CUE if there is another way get it off.

I know my 2013 Platinum has the button to turn the intellibeam off, wish that button still exist on the new one.
If you turn the round dial from AUTO to ON, the intellibeam system deactivates while you're driving - at least that's how it's supposed to work.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
jspn01 said:
If you turn the round dial from AUTO to ON, the intellibeam system deactivates while you're driving - at least that's how it's supposed to work.
This^

·
Registered
2015 ESCALADE ESV 2015 CTS 2018 XT5. 2018 CT6
418 Posts
There is a setting in CUE to turn it off all the time. Hit your "Home" button, Hit "Settings", Hit "Vehicle", Hit "Lighting", Hit "Auto High Beams", Hit "Off"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Personalization can certainly be used to enable/disable Intellibeam at a global level. However, an alternate way to disable is to move the turn signal lever forward to the high-beam position or backwards using the Flash-to-Pass feature. Then to re-enable Intellibeam, simply activate the high/low-beam changer (via the turn signal lever) two times within five seconds.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Personalization can certainly be used to enable/disable Intellibeam at a global level. However, an alternate way to disable is to move the turn signal lever forward to the high-beam position or backwards using the Flash-to-Pass feature. Then to re-enable Intellibeam, simply activate the high/low-beam changer (via the turn signal lever) two times within five seconds.
Yup...!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts