Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac 1999 Deville D'elegance
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doors will not lock when car is placed in gear. Doors will not unlock when placed in park. I replaced the Body Control Module and still no success. Doors lock and unlock with the inside switches and remote. This problem has been ongoing for two years. Initially, door locks would work intermittently and finally quit altogether in 2014.
Also, trunk will not open with switch unless the engine is off.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Do you have the proper auto lock/unlock settings turned on in the DIC menu?

The trunk should open as long as it's in P or N, not sure what's up with that one.

----------

One post in 8 years??? WOW!

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,824 Posts
not sure about a 1997, but the door lock/unlock features can be turned on or off in the DIC, along with a bunch of other features. Moist is right about to trunk/same goes for fuel flap. They should open in P or N, but be locked out in gear.

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Yep 97 has DIC options for lock/unlock. Those options are kept in IPC possibly also.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,286 Posts
Doors will not lock when car is placed in gear. Doors will not unlock when placed in park. I replaced the Body Control Module and still no success. Doors lock and unlock with the inside switches and remote. This problem has been ongoing for two years. Initially, door locks would work intermittently and finally quit altogether in 2014.
Also, trunk will not open with switch unless the engine is off.
Any help would be appreciated.
===========================
Memory and Personalization Features are discussed -
starting on page 2-90 in the Owners Manual -

locks - specifically - are discussed on page 2-91 -

-----------------

if you don't have a copy of the OM -
go here for a free download -
https://www.manualowl.com/a/Cadillac/1999-DeVille/Manual/1130

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,824 Posts
I have mine set to unlock doors when I put it in PARK. Now, if I could just get my wife to wait until the locks pop up before she pulls the handle and then complains because it won't open.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts