Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, here is an update from the Aussies. Basically, they need a cradle to do any more. I dont have $650.00 + shipping to send them one. I can contribute.... Let me know what you all want to do. This may be a bust given its constraint. If we get 10 contributors we can send a cradle ($100) for the experiment.

Otherwise, Im going to drop it. For those that want to call this guy, anytime after 9:00 PM eastern is good..

Hi Marty,

Do we have a deadline on this project ? We Believe it would be best for us to have a cradle to try this in it is looking very tight for fitment !
We have some sea freight coming shortly !! Let me know ?

Regards, Kurt
Diff Technics
27 Production Ave
Kogarah, NSW 2217
Sydney Australia
Ph: 61 2 9587 9282
Fax: 61 2 9587 9760
Web: http://www.difftechnics.com.au
E-mail: [email protected]
Monday to Friday 8am till 5pm

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
I'll pony up.

·
0 Posts
Guys We Have A Independant Rear In R&d Right Now. It Should Be Done Early Feb.06. It Will Be A Bolt In Fabbed Ford 9 Inch With A Aluminum Centre Section. Rear That Is Fully Indepedant.

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
$$ ?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
NICE :highfive:

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
I will help... just cant do that much.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1MEANV said:
GUYS WE HAVE A INDEPENDANT REAR IN R&D RIGHT NOW. IT SHOULD BE DONE EARLY FEB.06. IT WILL BE A BOLT IN FABBED FORD 9 INCH WITH A ALUMINUM CENTRE SECTION. REAR THAT IS FULLY INDEPEDANT.
If you are that far we dont need to waste the money half way around the world. Do you have details? I dont see how a 9" will fit w/o surgery to the cradle. Im interested. What kind of money are we talking about??

·
Registered
04 cts-v
189 Posts
lasstss said:
If you are that far we dont need to waste the money half way around the world. Do you have details? I dont see how a 9" will fit w/o surgery to the cradle. Im interested. What kind of money are we talking about??
What he said. :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Count me in. If we can get the Ford 9" at a reasonable price from a US company that sounds like the best route. But if you guys want to hedge our bets and have 2 companies working on it we can do that too.

1MEANV - is this definitely going to happen? I would really like to get something before spring if at all possible. Also a ballpark price would be helpful.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
1MEANV -

Can you tell us any more at all?

lasstss - I was right beside you all the way, and then this other seemingly simpler alternative comes along...can we discuss this 1MEANV?

WW

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I can contribute. If 1MeanV can provide deatails then lets not contribute to the Aussie company. If 1MeanV doesn't give the details then let's pony up....maybe we can have 2 companies making rears.

·
Banned
16 Posts
heavymetals said:
Wasn't someone working on a modified Vette diff?
We need something a HELL of a lot stronger than the corvette rear.
The CTS-V is a lot heavier.

In addition, many people want to ADD power and the CTS-V is already blowing rears with STOCK horsepower.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
427 CTS-V said:
We need something a HELL of a lot stronger than the corvette rear.
The CTS-V is a lot heavier.

In addition, many people want to ADD power and the CTS-V is already blowing rears with STOCK horsepower.
The Dana 44 looks pretty compact. Lets see what mean has in his pocket first.. a 6-800hp unit would be very sweet!:D

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Cmon Mean....I need that rear! (thats what I told her anyway). My shitty OEM rear (2nd) is starting to be an issue...PLEASE LET US KNOW!

F

1 - 20 of 106 Posts