Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'03 STS (RIP), '89 Eldorado, '13 Malibu, '89 Grand Wagoneer
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sales figures for August 2007 are in.

Cadillac is down 2.8% from the previous August with 19,481 units sold.

As a whole however, General Motors is up 5.3% from the previous August with a total of 388,168 vehicles moved off of dealer lots.

The General's two winners were Chevrolet and GMC, up 8.6% and a whopping 21.2% respectively.

Other notable losers were FoMoCo, down 14.4%, the Chrysler Group down 6% and Toyota Motor Co. down 2.3%.

Despite a significant loss at Ford, Volvo, Lincoln, and Land Rover all posted double-digit gains of 13.8%, 16.1%, 32.2% respectively.

The BMW Group, Nissan NA, and Honda America all reported gains of 19.3%, 6.3%, and 4.7% respectively.

The biggest losers however were Mercury and Jaguar, both posting 20.2% drop in sales from the same period last year.

For full numbers covering all makes, see here.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Cadillac being down is not a surprise.

#1. The Escalade is going to suffer from the price of gas and the decrease of SUV sales overall.

#2. Cadillac's high selling CTS is at the end of its design cycle with a well-known redesign almost here.

#3. Other models are also at the end of their design cycles. The STS and SRX have been around for awhile.

·
Registered
'03 STS (RIP), '89 Eldorado, '13 Malibu, '89 Grand Wagoneer
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cadillac being down is not a surprise.

#1. The Escalade is going to suffer from the price of gas and the decrease of SUV sales overall.

#2. Cadillac's high selling CTS is at the end of its design cycle with a well-known redesign almost here.

#3. Other models are also at the end of their design cycles. The STS and SRX have been around for awhile.
Agreed with the CTS, many buyers are holding off for the new ones, regardless of whether they are actually looking to buy a new one or to get an even better deal on a close-out '07.

I somewhat agree with the STS and the SRX, although I feel it has more to do with both of the models uncertain futures as both are expected to be scrapped in the somewhat near future.

I don't however, necessarily agree with your reasoning for the Escalade, I tend to believe that most people who can comfortably plunk down $50-60K on a truck aren't necessarily phased by gas prices. Even more so the fact that gas prices are actually a bit lower now than they were last year.

I really hope that the new CTS and the planned STS/DTS and SRX replacements will start surging Cadillac's numbers. If Mercedes can move 20,xxx units I expect Cadillac to do at least the same, if not much more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts