Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at getting the JL Audio clean Sweep and adding an amp for my highs, and one for a sub. My question is if I add the clean sweep,it will run to the amp, then Im pretty sure I have to rewire all the speakers to the new amp and not use the old one or wiring. How hard is to to rewire the doors to the trunk? Or can the speaker wires that are coming off the old amp be used? Or should I just replace them since im adding good equipment and just change it? Has anyone installed the clean sweep? I know about it, but am wondering if anyone has actually installed it??? If not, I will be getting one sometime in early January and will let everyone know the details, but any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Mike

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
FlyFlip420 said:
Im looking at getting the JL Audio clean Sweep and adding an amp for my highs, and one for a sub. My question is if I add the clean sweep,it will run to the amp, then Im pretty sure I have to rewire all the speakers to the new amp and not use the old one or wiring. How hard is to to rewire the doors to the trunk? Or can the speaker wires that are coming off the old amp be used? Or should I just replace them since im adding good equipment and just change it? Has anyone installed the clean sweep? I know about it, but am wondering if anyone has actually installed it??? If not, I will be getting one sometime in early January and will let everyone know the details, but any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Mike
You can just use the old speaker wires in the trunk coming from the factory amp. The wires should be able to handle the aftermarket amp well. I doubt you will get much of an improvement on sound by replacing the stock wiring unless you go with an extremely high powered setup.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mbai2, Ive read numerous old threads, and you know what your talking about! SOOOOOO, No experience with the clean sweep? So hard to find someone that has one, but I guess I will be the gunnea pig

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
This is just my opinion so don't take it as solid fact: In my mind, the Clean Sweep should only be used if you are going to amplify all your speakers across a full frequency range. This is why the Clean Sweep was developed. It takes the "full range" factory audio signal and digitally normalizes the frequencies based on a calibration audio track and outputs a higher fidelity equalized full range signal for an aftermarket amp. It is essentially a high quality 4-channel line level converter and a 4-channel 30 band per channel digital equalizer built into one box.

You said you just wanted to amp the tweeters and the sub. Since this is not a full range application, I think it would be cheaper, easier, and just as effective to just buy an amp and a line level converter for the channel(s) you want amplify. You might get a slightly better sound by going through a Clean Sweep but if you already invested in the Clean Sweep, just go all out and replace and amplify all the speakers to take advantage of all the Clean Sweep has to offer.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, by highs I meant the midranges too. The other major reason I am going with the clean sweep, besides the amplifiers, is for the auxilary input. I have an MP3 player(not an I-pod) and I am sick of the Fm Modulator so this will also improve the sound. I upgraded all of the interior speakers with the infinity reference series and have a phoenix gold X-max 12"(got two more if you need :) ) Thanks for the input

Mike

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
FlyFlip420 said:
Sorry, by highs I meant the midranges too. The other major reason I am going with the clean sweep, besides the amplifiers, is for the auxilary input. I have an MP3 player(not an I-pod) and I am sick of the Fm Modulator so this will also improve the sound. I upgraded all of the interior speakers with the infinity reference series and have a phoenix gold X-max 12"(got two more if you need :) ) Thanks for the input
Mike
Ah, I understand now. Sounds like a perfect application for the Clean Sweep :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts