Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks new member here 09 CTS Black with luxury performance package. Great board with a lot of info. I have found most of the information I need thanks to folks like, ngiardina, black dahlia, etc.

I am first changing out the sub and installing a new amp but during the install I want to prepare to change the cabin Bose speakers by installing a DSP. My choices are an ReQ, PXE or an LC7 now I am not an expert but I know and understand what these units do. I think =]!!!

What it looks like is that with all these units except the ReQ once installed you need to set the head unit at a particular volume based on calibration of the unit, it then seems you are locked in to using the DSP's volume control there after is this correct??

Do any DSP's exist that do not require this basically it would have to auto adjust as the head unit volume is increased or decreased?

If I am stuck with using the DSP volume control any idea how that will work when bluetooth is activated?

The components I will use for the new system would be:
Alpine PDX-1.600
Alpine PXE-H650
JL Audio 13TW5

But I would consider other components based on folks input.

Appreciate any help thanks for your consideration

·
Registered
2015 SRX4
107 Posts
I'm in the process of doing exactly what your going to do. I think the REQ5 does what you want and that is the unit I'm installing, along with Boston Acoustic cabin speakers.
Member Ngiardina has been very helpful to me and he is using the REQ5, I think. Wish mine was up and running so I could give you a better answer, hopefully in the next few days it will be. If you PM Ngiardina I'm sure he will get back to you.

·
Registered
2009 CTS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in the process of doing exactly what your going to do. I think the REQ5 does what you want and that is the unit I'm installing, along with Boston Acoustic cabin speakers.
Member Ngiardina has been very helpful to me and he is using the REQ5, I think. Wish mine was up and running so I could give you a better answer, hopefully in the next few days it will be. If you PM Ngiardina I'm sure he will get back to you.
The more reading I do on the R-eq 5 I am beginning to lean that way also. It seems simple and no need for additional volume control though I do see it has what looks to be a source volume control for the aux input.

·
Registered
2015 SRX4
107 Posts
The more reading I do on the R-eq 5 I am beginning to lean that way also. It seems simple and no need for additional volume control though I do see it has what looks to be a source volume control for the aux input.
Yes, it does have a source volume control for the aux. extension( 18' cord with the volume control next to the 3.5 female plug on the end) However 08/09 CTS's already have a radio controlled 3.5 plug in the center console so I will not be using this extension.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts