Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do y’all feel about the 14 speaker Bose premium sound system on the ct4? I heard there is a black wing coming with an 14 speaker AKG surround system on it. Is the Bose worth it or should I wait for the AKG? Please let me know:)

·
Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,815 Posts
The better Bose that comes with the Nav option is good.

I don't know AKG, but if they switch systems for the BW or add it as a option, it ought to be better.

CT4V BW's are shipping now. They cost a lot more than a standard CT4.

·
Registered
146 Posts
How do y’all feel about the 14 speaker Bose premium sound system on the ct4? I heard there is a black wing coming with an 14 speaker AKG surround system on it. Is the Bose worth it or should I wait for the AKG? Please let me know:)
The Bose System sounds great, not sure why they are switching brands when Bose did the Panaray system in the CT6. The difference will likely come down to preference and sound signature. AKG will probably sound better overall due to the increase in price point meaning better quality speakers, however Bose definitely will compete in the bass area.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited by Moderator)
The Bose System sounds great, not sure why they are switching brands when Bose did the Panaray system in the CT6. The difference will likely come down to preference and sound signature. AKG will probably sound better overall due to the increase in price point meaning better quality speakers, however Bose definitely will compete in the bass area.
i heard the AKG it sounds amazing but I still feel like its missing power in the subwoofer area. I would’ve thought I’d sounds powerful like the Escalade but nah. Sound quality is far better than the Bose. IMO you just kinda have to bump the bass by a whole lot. I love the surround feature it has. It’s missing that wow factor but I’d upgrade to it. Once you break in the system throughout heavy use I’d sound superior.

Now I did hear the Bose it sounds just about right. Definitely has a good sub producing semi good powerful bass notes in certain frequencies. I think as well heavy use and break in time will make a difference. Use Apple Lossless and that will bring the system to shine out a bit more. I’d personally get the AKG since it supports higher but rate music

·
Registered
21 Posts
i heard the AKG it sounds amazing but I still feel like its missing power in the subwoofer area. I would’ve thought I’d sounds powerful like the Escalade but nah. Sound quality is far better than the Bose. IMO you just kinda have to bump the bass by a whole lot. I love the surround feature it has. It’s missing that wow factor but I’d upgrade to it. Once you break in the system throughout heavy use I’d sound superior.

Now I did hear the Bose it sounds just about right. Definitely has a good sub producing semi good powerful bass notes in certain frequencies. I think as well heavy use and break in time will make a difference. Use Apple Lossless and that will bring the system to shine out a bit more. I’d personally get the AKG since it supports higher but rate music
I have the Bose in my CT4, and compared to my wife's XT5, my system is way louder. I usually don't push the bass over 9 (out of 12), mostly keep it at 8 when other people are in the car with me. It has a nice thump and rumble. I haven't once thought about adding to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts