Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrite well to start off i own a 96 Cadillac Eldoraldo and have recently bought 2x 12 inch subwoofers ( 400 Watts each) and a 800 Watt Amp from Best Buy and had them install it. First big problem.. i do not suggest that anyone has Best Buy install it, they did a horrible job and im guessing they messed up the wiring because my system sounds like S**t. There inclosed in a non ported box and im not sure why it sounds as bad as it does. i understand i need to put Dynamat along the metal in my trunk to stop the rattle (which is bad) but ive heard others and my 12's deffinitly dont hit as hard as they should. im not sure if the wiring is messed up on the amp, box or what. Any suggestions would be helpful. i can supply pictures of my setup if nessassary.

Thanks

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
1st off they didnt install it in a random box you bought the box they dont give boxes for free
2nd sealed boxes sound better than ported, ported is more SPL, sealed is SQ
3rd when you have an install done at Best Buy they DO NOT turn the amp up all the way like im sure the other subs youve herd have, doing that will kill your subs
4th a brand of amp and subs may be nice, you may of bought decent subs, but if you bought a crappy amp then you have nothin to stand on

1 - 3 of 3 Posts