Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6, 2016 Malibu 1.5T
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so a few days back I posted for some advice on hooking up my amp, and sub on my 2005 cts.

currently I wired everything, got a line out converter and hooked it up to the stock subwoofer wires and then wired the rca cables to the amp.

I connected the remote wire to a rim/ignition fuse under the seat on the drivers side.

Everything works and sounds great, only issue is, the amp is always powered on with the blue light turned on.

I have a Pioneer 820 watt, im sure the issue is I wired it to the wrong fuse.

Any help as to where I should hook up my remote wire so my amp is not always turned on?

thanks everyone.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I am using the stock radio. so I dont have a dedicated remote wire slot on the head unit.

·
Registered
Sold my 03 CTS and went rally car style!
457 Posts
I wired mine into the rear lighter socket with a toggle switch so I can turn the system off when i drop it off somewhere. The rear socket will stay powered on for a short amount of time after you turn off the car but does eventually power off and so will the amp.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for both replies, I will try to wire it to the amp first and if not successful will try the lighter socket, actually I cut the wire short so I don't think it will reach to the lighter socket. I still have the rest of the cable running up to the head unit but I cut it halfway to wire the cable to the fuses.

Thanks again for your help guys really appreciate it.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,803 Posts
TheBrown57 said:
I wired mine into the rear lighter socket with a toggle switch so I can turn the system off when i drop it off somewhere. The rear socket will stay powered on for a short amount of time after you turn off the car but does eventually power off and so will the amp.
Depending on the model year of the CTS though. Some, like my 06, neither the front or rear power sockets turn off.

I even made a thread a few years ago about how to change the power sockets from always on to on with the key only. Unfortunately, mine is one that does not work like that.

Since yours does turn off, you may be able to have yours power on with the key too.

KOT

----------

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-first-generation-forum-2003/184592-how-change-outlets-l-being-all.html#/forumsite/20562/topics/184592

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I am correct my 05 model stays on, I remember leaving my charger plugged when I went to one of my classes, came back 4 hours later and the charger was turned on. This was with the front lighter socket, I am unsure about the rear.
I also went ahead and added a line in aux. Cut the four wires and wired it to some RCA cables, then got a Rca to line-in adapter and my phone works now using the CD option,
Now nothing else works except the phone. No FM, AM, Satellite radio. I guess I did need the relay boxes from the tutorial.

Anyways Ill figure something out eventually. Thanks for the Tut KOT
It might come useful not only for this but I just hate having to disconnect my charger when I get out of the car, I forget most of the time.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,803 Posts
I also went ahead and added a line in aux. Cut the four wires and wired it to some RCA cables, then got a Rca to line-in adapter and my phone works now using the CD option,
Now nothing else works except the phone. No FM, AM, Satellite radio. I guess I did need the relay boxes from the tutorial.
What wires are you talking about?

As for the power outlets, you did read over my thread about how to moving over the fuse for the power outlets yes/no?

KOT

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What wires are you talking about?

As for the power outlets, you did read over my thread about how to moving over the fuse for the power outlets yes/no?

KOT
I opened up the back of the head unit, and cut the wires that fed the signal to the amp, I basically created my own line in aux to hear music from my phone on the car.

Also I did take a look at the thread, and completely understood it, but I have not had a chance to try it out. I have my car out on repair, getting the flex plate replaced after almost a month of driving it like that, it turned into a horrible knock.

The flex plate noise started around about 4 months after getting a junkyard motor replaced on my car. I think the mechanic did not line up everything correctly as cracked flex plates are usually a problem with the installation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts