Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just bought a 2007 Cadillac CTS and it has the non bose stereo system in it. It does have a aftermarket HU in it with the Caddy specific wiring harness.

1. So while listening to music I'm only getting sound from the front speakers and not the rear door speakers or the subwoofer. What is causing that?

2. What runs through the factory amplifier?

I'm sure I'll probably have a few more questions but this is all that I can think of at the moment. I'm wanting to hook up my aftermarket amp and subs at some point but right now I'm just trying to figure out why my rear speakers and subwoofer isn't working and also just trying to get a understanding of what the factory amplifier runs.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,814 Posts
In order to answer question 1 better, I'll answer question 2 first.

EVERYTHING runs through the factory amp. Basically from the head unit, factory or aftermarket, only the Left and Right channels with no volume control (factory at least). Volume, balance, fade, EQ as well as the chime, and I think OnStar too, are all controlled by the factory amp.

The wiring harness that is installed was suppose to send the proper signal, that is if the wire was hooked up, to tell the factory amp. "Set volume to X level, Set balance to X level, Set fade to X Level and anything else to a nominal level."

Then the aftermarket HU should be able to do the EQ, volume and balance. Fade will be useless because the aftermarket harness wouldn't know that fade was done. With or without the rear speakers hooked up.

KOT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts