Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 ATS 3.6. I haven’t had any issues with the vehicle until recently when my sound cuts off anywhere from 3 seconds to 30 mins at a time. I don’t lose any signal/power on my system all functions still work radio, NAV, calls etc. I just get no noise. Has anyone had anything similar happen or have any ideas what it could be? I’d appreciate any advice or tips thank you.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel
3,337 Posts
Your 2018 is likely still in the 4 year / 80 km warranty and if so get it to the dealer. Use your phone to video one of these outages if you can do so safely.

Rodger

Reactions: rand49er

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately no warranty. I do a lot of driving so I’m at 113 thousand km, hoping to find a idea here before I bring it to the dealer and potentially get milked for a problem that doesn’t exist or not have the problem fixed.

·
Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,788 Posts
A bunch have had CUE screen problems, but intermittent no sound has not been a regular problem reported.

Only a guess, but it sounds like a possible Amp problem or loose wire the Amp needs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That’s what I’m thinking has to be wire related. If it was the CUE I could see more issues happening. Unfortunately no stereo shop I’ve contacted doesn’t want to take it on as a job and I don’t want to go to a dealership as I know I’ll get charged large for a minimal problem

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel
3,337 Posts
Is the outage associated with anything (bumps/vibration from the road, temperature, anything else that is using the infotainment system)?

I can't blame the shops that don't want to touch this because intermittent problems can be a huge time waster to track down and can easily be a money loser. My prior pickup had an odd intermittent where on rare occasion it would start and run normally but the engine wouldn't shut off with the key requiring me to pull the ECM relay to kill it. The only DTC was loss of communications between the engine and transmission control modules. I narrowed the problem down to stray voltage on the switched 12 volt bus with the ignition off and the problem was from a mouse who had urinated in the top of the underhood fuse/relay box causing conductive corrosion to form between the always hot and switched 12 volt wires in the bus matrix in the middle of this box. The intermittent was because unless the humidity was very high, the corrosion byproduct wasn't sufficiently conductive to cause the issue. This process took a couple of hours with the service manual, an educated guess, and twenty minutes of measurement with a DMM.

I restore vintage amateur radio gear as a hobby and dealing with intermittent issues is part of the deal. I have gotten far better with them but I still don't like them!

Rodger

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6 Premium AWD
48 Posts
What sources do you listen to that produce this issue? Is it all of them, or just one like Bluetooth? Does anything show up or change on the screen while this is happening?

A few weeks ago, I got my '13's CUE system into a right state by trying to stream Radiobox through Bluetooth using my Samsung S10e. For some reason, CUE hated the stream and kept rebooting while I was driving. Once I stopped streaming that app and changed to something else, it worked fine for the rest of my drive. I'm curious if your system is hitting something that it doesn't like and restarting is its way of recovering.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All of them my satellite, FM/AM, Bluetooth and my phone. Nothing changes on the screen all the buttons work just no sound. There’s no reason for it just randomly happens. Some days are worse then others for it. Quite annoying

12,894 Posts
I have a 2018 ATS 3.6. I haven’t had any issues with the vehicle until recently when my sound cuts off anywhere from 3 seconds to 30 mins at a time. I don’t lose any signal/power on my system all functions still work radio, NAV, calls etc. I just get no noise. Has anyone had anything similar happen or have any ideas what it could be? I’d appreciate any advice or tips thank you.
This is certainly not what we like to hear,. Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the infotainment concerns with your ATS . To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: KMC18/ Cadillac Forums in the subject line. Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit Privacy Statement | General Motors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts