Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
05 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Luxury Sport Package Fully Loaded
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's I need help...well a suggestion or recommendation on what amplifier to use for one JL Audio 12W6v2. Does anyone have one in there CTS? If so what amplifier? Thanks in advance:bouncy:

·
Registered
2003 CTS 3.2 Manual Trans
81 Posts
Yes I have the same sub in a ported box. I use the JL 700/1 Mono amp and it hits very hard. I also have an Optima Red top battery. You could go with the JL 500/1, its a little more expensive but has a better internal power regulator I believe. Mine sounds great and I still have not Dynomatted the trunk yet or removed the factory sub. I think it's a great choice because it fits nicely in the back of the trunk. Either one of those amps are probably perfect for that sub.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have the same sub in a ported box. I use the JL 700/1 Mono amp and it hits very hard. I also have an Optima Red top battery. You could go with the JL 500/1, its a little more expensive but has a better internal power regulator I believe. Mine sounds great and I still have not Dynomatted the trunk yet or removed the factory sub. I think it's a great choice because it fits nicely in the back of the trunk. Either one of those amps are probably perfect for that sub.
I'm guessing your using both subs? Or did I read that wrong? If so does it sound distorted like most people "assume" it will sound like.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm guessing your using both subs? Or did I read that wrong? If so does it sound distorted like most people "assume" it will sound like.[/QUOTE

No, not running the factory sub, just haven't had time to remove it yet. Its kind of a PITA to do. No distortion anywhere and still using factory Bose speakers all around. I love the system even though I will probably replace the Bose speakers eventually for better highs.

·
Registered
They should make a new model name for mine but I guess a CTS
271 Posts
Use a JL 500/1 and use a ported box although many people use bandpass boxes they destroy the coyal on JL subs

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Use a JL 500/1 and use a ported box although many people use bandpass boxes they destroy the coyal on JL subs
Only with an inferior box! I have had my bumpin for almost 4 years....no issues. Thats longer than most of my other subs ever lasted! You build a shitty box, you get shitty sound...shitty sound distorts, distortion blows speakers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lets say I wanna go with a less expensive amp. Any suggestions? thanks in advance :thumbsup:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Lets say I wanna go with a less expensive amp. Any suggestions? thanks in advance :thumbsup:
How much do you want to spend? You can get the JL 700/1 for $275 shipped. I wouldn't recommend sacrificing too much power if you're gonna run that sub IMO.

·
Registered
They should make a new model name for mine but I guess a CTS
271 Posts
The amp is made for that sub if you cant afford it wait to buy it till you can

1 - 10 of 10 Posts