Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who has a factory nav system i need a disc, i could purchase your older disc, or if you could somehow "misplace a duplicate" i could compensate you for your troubles
thanks alot!

·
Registered
'99 SLS
83 Posts
do you use bittorrent? I found the disc on there. I searched for denso cadillac and it came up. Title says its for 2006 DTS and XLR, but when burned it worked in my '02 nav. I don't have a dvd burner, I had to have a friend I was visiting do it for me, so I don't have an extra, but that was a free way to get it.

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
humm
thatd be great if i knew how to burn it right
i had a disc and i tried to copy it but the burn didnt work at all...

·
Registered
02 STS
1,262 Posts
From what I have read this is a full 9Gig dual layer DVD... ordinary 4.7G burners will not work... But a new 9Gig should be fine

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dude
this bittorrent says it needs like 30 days to dl it
i have comcast high speed so its not like im running dial up here...

·
Registered
2007 E92 BMW 335i
10,761 Posts
The thing with downloading it from a torrent is that it usually leaves out the voice telling you when to turn and things like that.

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
idc
but its been dl since yesterday
and its only at 2%
aghhhh!
someone copy it for me lol

·
Registered
Cadillac
49 Posts
My son does it all the time and most new DVD recorders will do dual layer. I know ours do, but the dual layer disks are so expensive. My son also knows how to get around the copy protection that is on some disks. I could always ask him what he uses if it is protected and post it here. I'm sure it is a free program.

If you don't have a DVD burner, you should get one as they are available for about 35 bucks for a decent one and easy to install. Just put it in place of your CDR and hook it up the same way. Windows will find it and install the driver. About a ten minute job. Check http://techbargains.com/ regularly for good bargains.

Dan

Dan

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nah i have a dell
and i installed a DVD burner but everytime i try to burn a dvd as soon as it starts to burn it stops and say something about session timed out...

·
Registered
92 Eldorado 95 Cadillac SLS 99 Cadillac SLS 2004 SRX
107 Posts
Hey CadillacSTS2003 slow down your burn speed or update the firmware on your DVD Burner.

·
Registered
The Northstar Tuner
2,759 Posts
Hmmmm
Guess what I have!.

I have more of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
and what do you need for them
and the STS has been at the dealer still for the tranny hence why i havent gotten the pcm done..

·
Registered
The Northstar Tuner
2,759 Posts
Scenario #1 older lady has upgrade disc ordered and installed. She does not want old disc.
Scenario #2 two disc left in trade in.
Scenario #3 car get totaled out and is waiting to get picked up to go to the insurance pool.
Scenario #4 disc just appears on my tool box.
Scenario #5 GMAC lease turn in.

Do you remember the Stienfeld episode with the soup Nazi?
YOU GET NOTHING!
LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.