Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
23 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation re MonkeyMusic -- I'll check it out.

You're correct that there is no folder option on the HDD, but there is such an option on the USB drive. It's redundant, however, or at least it is on my system, because each album is in a separate folder. Sorting by album or by folder thus gives me the same result. However, sorting by album works on both the HDD and the USB, so I use that option most of the time. It gives me quick access to most of my music, making it easy to find what I want.

I do have one folder on the USB, however, that has about 1200 individual songs rather than albums. I usually play that one in random order and press the "next" button if I don't like what pops up. Fortunately, all of those tracks are retitled to show the artist's name before the song title -- such as "Beatles, Help."

As for your English, I know U.S.-born, native-English-speaking lawyers who don't write any better than you, so don't apologize.

Were you educated in Mexico, and did you learn English there? Do you still live there? In any case, welcome to the forum, and thanks again for the recommendation.

Thanks to you and Yatesd. It's good to know that my english isn't that bad.

I've learned my english just by watching Directv and Dish. I have both systems. Whenever I watch TV, I watch american TV programs with Close Captions "on", so doing it for about 20 years, I've learned some english.

I'm from Monterrey, Mexico, a city about 150 mi from Texas border, and we (my family) travel very often to McAllen, Laredo, San Antonio, Austin, etc. So I have the opportunity to "practice" my english now and then.

I don't want to deviate the original topic, but I just want to tell you that I've had my car for 5 days now, and I'm really enjoying it and now I know I've made the right decision.... I was considering BMW 335i, Audi A4 and MB C Class. This is waaaaaaaaay better car.

Gracias a todos!

·
Registered
Cadillac
20 Posts
If I may jump in here with a couple of questions... My wife and I just took delivery of a brand new 09 CTS4 with NAV in the past week and she/we love it...
She has asked me to fill up the HDD with oldies (that give away our age??)
Now comes the part I'm having trouble with. Burned a DVD-RW with 1024 MP3 files put it into the slot and it shows 1024 files all with title and all with the artists name. Did not have them seperated into folders as all she would like to do is hit the random button so she dosen't end up hearing 20 Four Seasons songs in a row. I would like to fill the HDD as The_Judge mentioned with 9+ gigs. However when I hit the REC button while the DVD-MP3 disk is playing all that comes up is a box stating Recording Not Available While Scanning Song Info" I also tried this with a 4Gig Thunbdrive and get the same results. Called the dealer and he said it must be on a CD-R and no more then 255 files...This I will try next but thought I would ask if someone else knows what I'm doing wrong!!
Do I HAVE to use folders???
Does it have to be on a CD-R and not a DVD???
By the way all songs are mp3 format and same bitrate and lastly when looking at the tabs on top of the screen it shows:
AM--FM--XM--(blacked out are--->) DVD--HDD--AUX
DVD button comes on when disk is inserted and changes to MP3
AUX button comes on when thumbdrive is attached and changes to USB
HDD button has always stayed dark to the best of my knowledge even when hitting the REC button.
Thanks for reading /listening!!!

·
Registered
2008 Black Cherry CTS4 - FE2, J55
205 Posts
just a thought....

Was the radio reading the gracenote database? I would think, with 1024 songs, it would take quite some time to read it. I recently put in a new CD and it took a wile to scan the entire database and come back with "no info found".

Maybe try it again but leave the DVD in there for awhile before attempting to record.

-Mark

·
Registered
Cadillac
20 Posts
Hey Mark thanks for the assistance! I'm learning as I go along.
Found out that if I fill up a CD with mp3's it takes around 5-10 minutes to read all the info completely. It is only after it is done that you can record to the HDD. I might by completely wrong but I believe you can do the same with a DVD but it would most likely take a good half hour to just read the info.
After done reading the info it took around 45 minutes to record all the
mp3s off of just that one CD. (not quite like a computer)...I imagine that using a DVD would take about 5 hours.
I've done 3 CD's so far but I think I'll wait until we go for a ride before doing more as the "Battery Saver" notice came on.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
2008 Black Cherry CTS4 - FE2, J55
205 Posts
Hey Mark thanks for the assistance! I'm learning as I go along.
Found out that if I fill up a CD with mp3's it takes around 5-10 minutes to read all the info completely. It is only after it is done that you can record to the HDD. I might by completely wrong but I believe you can do the same with a DVD but it would most likely take a good half hour to just read the info.
After done reading the info it took around 45 minutes to record all the
mp3s off of just that one CD. (not quite like a computer)...I imagine that using a DVD would take about 5 hours.
I've done 3 CD's so far but I think I'll wait until we go for a ride before doing more as the "Battery Saver" notice came on.
Thanks again!
Cool, glad I could help :thumbsup:

-Mark

·
Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,517 Posts
If multiple real CD's are loaded to the HDD, what does it look like?

Can I enter the Artist name? CD1, CD2, CD3....

Would it allow editing track # with song title?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts