Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'03 CTS 3.2
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've put some Infinity 12" subs in the back a couple of months ago and after testing it, the treble is significantly less in the backseat than it is in the front. I'm assuming its due to no tweeters being in the back.
I've got two spare Infinity tweeters sitting in my garage, is there a way to wire my car to have the tweeters sitting in the back seat running?

Also, I'm planning to get a CleanSweep (or whatever else is new on the scene, haven't been on the forums in a while). I've got Infinity speakers all around the car and 2x12" subs in the trunk. Everything Infinity. Is there anything I need before I buy a CleanSweep? Should I get an amp for the speakers before the CleanSweep? Thanks.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
sorry... cant give u any advice..

:) got pictures though ?

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Yo quit eating 5 guys and buy an amp for those speakers!!! YOu WILL need an amp to run the interior speakers, you already have one for the subs...This new amp will also allow you to run the other tweeters of the amp, or you can just upgrade the back speakers with some $60-100 coaxials which would be easier and sound just as good if not better.....Tweeters in the back might be too much treble.....plus it wont sound "real" If you have been to a concert the sound comes from in front of you....thats why tweeters are in the front.....bass is omnidirectional meaning you dont know where it comes from so it doesnt matter.....I would add coaxials(i did this) so you are adding some treble, mainly for more fill, to the soundstage......but not overpowering or competing with the front tweeters......the aftermarket tweets you have will be too much and compete with what you have and not have that natural sound........

·
Registered
'03 CTS 3.2
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hahaha, flip, so reliable on calling me out on the five guys. every time.

but alright, so i'm definitely getting an amp. and from what you're saying, my tweeters in the back is kinda a bad idea, so i should be getting coaxials. you're gonna have to inform my ignorant self on this for a little bit...what exactly is meant when you say coaxials? is it the kind of speaker? also, the cleansweep should be saved for last?

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
there are 2 main types of interiior car audio speakers.....Component and Coaxial....COmponents have a separate mid bass woofer and separate tweeter...the two got hooked up threw a crossover which sends the proper frequency to each speaker.....more expensive and better sound....Coaxials are midrange woofers, with a tweeter built into the center of it, they both fit into one location vs. having to drill separate for the components tweeter.....coaxials are great for rear fill like what your looking at doing....

Why save it for last? put it all in at the same time, if you can afford it....you will want to buy an amp to power the front speakers and the rears....if you dont have one already

1 - 5 of 5 Posts