Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a new smartphone, a Droid Turbo.

Before this phone I had no issues whatsoever. Now, whenever I have Waze running and I receive a phone call, I am talking hands-free on my phone as always, but the Waze voice also chimes in and comes over bluetooth at the same time. Before the Waze voice just came out of my phone independent of the bluetooth connection. What is up with this, as this never happened before?

·
Registered
2016 CTS Premium 3.6 AWD
218 Posts
I'm not an expert on Android, but I believe you have to set it in two places 1. Media - "Let App decide" 2. In Waze set output to speaker. I'm an Apple guy, so these descriptions are approximate, but should suffice to get you there.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will mess in that area. Thank you.

·
Registered
2012 CTS, thunder grey chromaflair
120 Posts
While we are on the topic of Audio & Bluetooth, I would like to ask another question, hope it's OK.

I have a Samsung Note3.
- Bluetooth is connected soon after I start the car.
- It would then, interrupt the radio. I would have to press the 'hang up' button a few times for the radio to return.
- when a call comes in, the speaker would ring.
- I press the button momentarily on the steering wheel to answer to call, but, it says: "ready to dial".
- I press the button a little longer, it says: “Hands Free".

By then, I have to answer the phone on the Samsung. Now, the radio returns. I can't talk on the phone and listen to the radio at the same time, so, I turn off the radio ...

Which part of this scenario did I do wrong? Many thanks!

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,360 Posts
Don't like Waze telling you where to go....can I tell you? LOL

Menu > Settings > Sound > Play sound to phone speaker (make sure this is checked)
Mine the phone call comes thru the car speakers, and Waze on the phone speaker.

----------

While we are on the topic of Audio & Bluetooth, I would like to ask another question, hope it's OK.

I have a Samsung Note3.
- Bluetooth is connected soon after I start the car.
- It would then, interrupt the radio. I would have to press the 'hang up' button a few times for the radio to return.
- when a call comes in, the speaker would ring.
- I press the button momentarily on the steering wheel to answer to call, but, it says: "ready to dial".
- I press the button a little longer, it says: “Hands Free".

By then, I have to answer the phone on the Samsung. Now, the radio returns. I can't talk on the phone and listen to the radio at the same time, so, I turn off the radio ...

Which part of this scenario did I do wrong? Many thanks!
The red part above seems to be where things go wrong. Maybe the Note3 has some software that's trying to send a signal over the bluetooth? The phone shouldn't interrupt the radio till a call comes in. And the fact that when a call does come in, it sounds like you have lost your pairing since the call isn't going to the radio.

Might want to remove the pairing for the phone and re-set it up. Maybe there is a glitch with the pairing process.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts