Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V Black Raven w/Ebony
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed Audi style daytime runner LED strip lights on a V? I'm thinking about trying, but I would like to see pics, and I'm not really sure how to proceed.

·
Registered
2006 Raven CTS-V
211 Posts
I have seen a couple people do this mod on regular CTS's, check the CTS forum. IMO is doesnt suit the car, but to each their own.

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
yes people have done this to a :v: google search it

·
Administrator
'05 CTS-V
8,736 Posts
Is it NormV who bought the V that had been rolled and turned it into a track car? Assuming I'm remembering the username correctly, search for his big build thread - he did LED strips along the side of the headlights.

·
Registered
CTS V
140 Posts
I modified an extra set of headlights with an LED strip. Removed the clear lens and added the leds on the inside. Never installed them the're just in the closet now. i'm going to take them apart again and paint the inside silver and the outer trim silver also, and see how that looks on the silver V.
Pretty easy mod only cost like $10

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
2,061 Posts
I modified an extra set of headlights with an LED strip. Removed the clear lens and added the leds on the inside. Never installed them the're just in the closet now. i'm going to take them apart again and paint the inside silver and the outer trim silver also, and see how that looks on the silver V.
Nice. I'd say that's the only application of these things I've seen that doesn't look ricey. I can't wait to see them mounted..

·
Registered
CTS V
140 Posts
Thanks guys it's kind of hard to get a good picture of them on since the leds are so bright, but they look really sharp in person. One day i'll get around to installing them i'm in the middle of another project right now :lildevil:

·
Registered
none (yet)
112 Posts
Thanks guys it's kind of hard to get a good picture of them on since the leds are so bright, but they look really sharp in person. One day i'll get around to installing them i'm in the middle of another project right now :lildevil:
wanna do another set?

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V Black Raven w/Ebony
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes... This is very similar to what I am thinking. I agree with some of the other comments suggesting that these can look "ricey" if not done right. My goal is to have these as the DRL similar to the new Audi. Also going to install clear lens on the current DRLs. Anyone have thoughts on how to wire these into the current DRLs? Will I be able to run both, or will I have to lose the stock DRLs?

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
188 Posts
Anyone have thoughts on how to wire these into the current DRLs?
Sure, just splice right in to have em both on at the same time. The LED's won't draw enough amperage from the DRL circuit to be of concern. Or you could disconnect the DRL's and run the LED's on that circuit by themselves. Or you could find a spare fuse with ignition on/off and use it. And you could add a toggle switch to any of the previous ideas. It depends on how you want them to operate.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
274 Posts
Dang, that doesn't look half bad. I have a plan to "delete" the front turn signals and replaced the function with LED strips. My plan is to "stick" the strip in the gap between the headlight and the bumper, but putting the strip inside the headlight seems to look better.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
2,061 Posts
The ones mo powa don't look bad, IF you're gonna do it. Would like to see pics of those installed.

I like those lights with the halo too, much more believable as a stock item.

The led strips are cool, but audi owns the look imo. Everyone else is imitating. Porsche can pull it off too. Doesn't porsche own VW, who owns audi?...hmm

1 - 17 of 17 Posts