Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It will get the Lamborghini Gallarado's V10.........but it will also be twin turbo'd:eek: Audi will market it with 571 hp but actual numbers will be more around 600 hp

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
You have got to be kidding me...

Based on Audi's current S6, it is planned to go on sale across Europe next April in both sedan and wagon body styles, priced at the equivalent of U.S. $138,500. Audi officials in Germany say North American sales are planned, although they don't give a time frame.

Well I think I found the next depreciation deal of the decade in about 5 years...

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
That's unbelieveable in deed lol
It will also get Audi's new sports car R 8 lol

·
Registered
2007 E92 BMW 335i
10,761 Posts
Why not just buy both :lildevil:

Audi would be a better everyday driver, Corvette would be a better all-out performance machine.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
2015 Audi RS6=$326,000
2015 BMW M5=$410,000

at least at the rate they are going

i cannot believe how much people pay for cars nowadays

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some pics

The RS6 will come with the DSG setup and here's some info on it

F1 Trans in a Ferrari Enzo : 150 milleseconds

DSG Trans : 8 milleseconds.

Once the driver has selected D for drive, the transmission's first clutch is engaged and the first gear is selected on the first shaft. The driver instructs the car to accelerate. As the car accelerates, the transmission's computer lines up second gear on the second shaft (which is connected to the second clutch). Depending on the amount of power being requested by the driver (full throttle or normal driving) the car then upshifts. During this sequence, the DSG disengages the first clutch while engaging the second clutch (all power from the engine is now going through the second shaft), thus completing the shift sequence. This sequence happens in 8 ms, and there is practically no power loss.

Once the vehicle has shifted up to second gear, third gear is lined up and is pending. Once the time comes to shift, the second clutch disengages and the first clutch re-engages. Downshifting is similar to upshifting but in reverse order. The cars computer senses the car slowing down or more power required, and thus lines up a lower gear on one of the shafts not in use, and then completes the downshift.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
some day, cars will sense when we want to slow down and brake for us, sense when we want to turn and steer for us, sense when we are pissed off, and pull over and shut the car off for us...

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
God forbid anything ever breaks on that transmission, you'll have to scrap the whole car! :eek:

Call me old fashioned (even though I've never been an expedient stick driver, and didn't even learn til not long ago), but I prefer a codgy old stick in my hands any day of the week.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
God forbid anything ever breaks on that transmission, you'll have to scrap the whole car! :eek:

Call me old fashioned (even though I've never been an expedient stick driver, and didn't even learn til not long ago), but I prefer a codgy old stick in my hands any day of the week.
:yeah:

my ego will let me buy a DSG after my left knee fails

shift time of 8 ms vs. my shift time of approx 500 ms in everyday driving = lost time of WGAF? :bouncy:

1 - 20 of 81 Posts