Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past, I've only owned one Black car, cuz that one Black car was a major PITA to keep clean and I swore I would never get another one.
I can't stand seeing swirls in the paint like black cars show.

I'm just curious to know how the Thunder Gray is in terms of swirl marks and if it's a pain to keep clean.

Thanks guys.
Gary

·
Registered
Ordered CTS V - ordered 03/13 delivered 06/24!
405 Posts
Got to be better than black! Mine is on order.............will let you when it comes.

·
Registered
CTS-V
533 Posts
I have it. The color is fantastic looking and seems to be great and practical.
That's one of the reasons why I got it!

·
Registered
Cadillac
336 Posts
Love my Thunder....very forgiving! :)

·
Registered
09 CTS-V, Radiant silver, Loaded, Auto
455 Posts
:worship:Thunder Gray, the new fastest color. Ordering mine Saturday! Looks great under any lighting condtions.

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V Auto, Thunder Gray, Lt. Titanium, Recaro's, Loaded
67 Posts
~

Picking mine up Tuesday...

For me it was Thunder Gray or White Diamond. Finally decided on Thunder Gray because I figured it would be more unique, a lot more stealthy on higher-speed interstate trips, much easier to keep clean in our area, and it was the color of the introduction show car CTS-V.

Best I can figure it can't be as hard to care for as black... But that's jsut my opinion. YMMV.

I do love the color, though.

Dallara

~

·
Registered
V2
1,079 Posts
Wash any dark color with soap and water then dry with a leaf blower. The drying is what will swirl a car.

·
Registered
Thunder Grey CTS-V
42 Posts
Mine is in Denver waiting to be trucked to the dealer, unfortunately I am in Russia waiting on a plane to Bahrain. It will just have to wait.

·
Registered
Cadillac
69 Posts
Love my Thunder Grey. I love Black too, but the work involved in keeping it clean in Michigan is more than I want. I've had black before, but my last 3 cars have been some version of grey. Charcol grey from volvo '97, Dolphin grey from Audi '06 and Thunder from Caddy. I still love the looks of a deep black, but my time to obsess over it was killing me.

I guess I'm opposite the saying. I've had black and I'll never go back. :)

chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts