Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 DTS, 2010 DTS Platinum, 2013 XTS Platinum
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have or have had a Cadillac XTS 2013-2015???Does it have, or did it have 20 inch rims and have you experienced problems? When you bought you XTS did you demand the dealer to remove the 20 inch tires and wheels and install 19 inch before you would "COMPLETE the deal? Heve you heard from other sources about past rim poblems on 20 inch rims? Did by chance a technician or salesperson at a GM or any other dealer advise you not to buy a xTS with 20 inch wheels??? Did a selling dealer offer to "SWITCH the rims for you to make the deal?" Are you a salesperson or PREVIOUS emplyee or tech who worked for GM or Cadillac and have important information about your personal experience or indirect or direct information regarding 20" XTS rims???Are you familiar with the National Automotive safety council which has just recieved a what amounts to a authorization to look into structual and safety problems as well as other problems involving the tires and rims sold to you new by a dealer or used invilving highway safety concerns with the structional intergrity of G.M. XTS 20 rims in relation to other manufactures of 20 inch rims. A very interested third party is interested in what you might have to say or your experinces especially if the dealer replaced your rims even if due to tires leaking air which is also a safety hazard. The third party wishes to remain anonymous at this time and YOU will ALSO stay completely anonymous if that is your wish at this time. RESPOND let me know your expwerince and ANY info you may have.....Thanks Herbert Jones

·
Registered
2007 DTS, 2010 DTS Platinum, 2013 XTS Platinum
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad you haven't ha any problems with y XTS!!! I actually love my car until the dealer wants me to spend BIG BUCKS on 4 rims & 4 tires!!
I am surpised you have not at leat "heard" anything about the wheel and rim conterversity and all the posts of people with 20 rim problems and those who demanded they remove the 2O'S & INSTALL 19'S EVEN before they would take delivery!!!
I am glad you have had 3 good years with your plartinum so far and I got some bottom land I like to sell you as it would help with the the cost to repair my car!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a new 2014 platinum xts about 4 months old that I put 6500 miles on her. I read the concerns as well and was concerned. I have had no issues with the ride or noise. It's too early to tell but I added the tire and rim protection package to my loan which I have never done before. At that point I wasn't to concerned about it. When I had a 2005 cts I bent a rim and had issues and came out of pocket to replace it so I know how that can sting. I figured with all of the people talking about it I will just basically buy the insurance. But as of now- now problems , I love this car!

When I purchased the car I inquired about swapping out the 20's for 19's but short of buying a 2015 I don't think they would do it. Maybe if I pushed harder but truth is the 20's look great on this car.

·
Registered
XTS 2014 Prem.
55 Posts
Szoberg, if you don't mind me asking what did they hit you up for that protection package? The finance guy mentioned it, but I don't usually take out such addtl warranties (except for appliances which my wife gets her use out of them :) ).

·
Registered
60 Posts
$670 ! It wasn't cheap but if I replace a single rim or 3 tires over the next 5 years due to any type of damage that impacts drivability and can't be repaired it paid for itself. It's also an unlimited coverage and includes towing and repair costs. What's not covered is scuffing the rims as it would still be functional. Any rim or tire damaged to the point that the seal isn't solid, reliable or dangerous is replaced with no deductible.

I've never done this before but in this case it was a no brainer. I didn't lease I purchased this vehicle so I have no doubt the odds are in my favor on this one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts