Cadillac Owners Forum banner

ATS-V ticking? rattling? noise during 1500-2000rpm load condition.

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  tta1456 
#1 ·
Hello

i have owned ATS-V 16y in korea but has some problem.

have some noise from outside underneath of the vehicle.

please check the inside and outside video.

inside :

outside :
-loud metal noise at 6sec during stall test around 2000rpm, p, n condition no noise.

for inside noise, i have disassembled the center tunnel cue system, cluster gauge, hud but found nothing for noise.

for outside lift up and checking exhaust line, heat shield, loosen bolts, did not found.

i guess inside noise that sound also from outside.

have anybody heard about similar noise?

some garage shops mentioned transmission, CAT, engine tapping, driveshaft, differential, etc..

Please advise me of some checking points. if you are an experienced guy, pls notice to me! thank you

See less See more
#2 ·
Hard to tell in the videos, but the first two things I would check are if you have the anti rattle cup springs installed on the wastegate arms and also make sure all the nuts on the brace between the bellhousing and catalytic converters are present and tight. GM issued bulletins for both, and both issues will cause metallic rattling or buzzing noises at certain rpm ranges and load conditions.

If it ends up being the wastegate arms rattling, usually the addition of the cup springs quiets down the wastegate rattle-- but in some situations you need the updated turbos to cure it entirely.

#7 ·
And FYI if it’s wastegate rattle it is not a problem but more an annoyance. If under warranty great but they will be doing a ton of work on your car and that alone has its own risks. If not under warranty it would a very expensive rattle fix for no change in performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for your concern.

I have watch your youtube and get some information.

Anyway i have push the driver side wastegate arm and try to makes noise and i think this arm has rattle. so, i will following that service bulletin but over the warranty.

Asked about that bulletin to korea dealer but no case in korea and over the period have to pay..

Will do bulletin when i get the parts and posting noise has gone or not

Just hopefully not inside of turbo.

#10 ·
Finally, the Rattle sound has gone.

try to install cup spring, driver side turbocharger repair. but still same just waste money.

one last try replace CAT and checking driver side CAT heat shield Yes... on picture

upper holding bolt has loosened and whole heat shield has rattling.

anyway Thank you guys!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.