Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
'16 ATS-V Sedan 6pd
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Has anyone tried speaking to there local dealer for purchase/lease of the ATS-V (I'm guessing these things will be on the lot in July as per previous posts). I sat with my local dealer and was able to build a car without pricing. This was 2 weeks ago prior to the "embargo". I made a follow up call, but have received no eagerness to get me to purchase or any information on how to order or be put on a possible pre purchase list". Kind of strange when dealing with a dealership, usually I can't get them to stop calling once they take my name and number. Just trying to figure out if this thing is even worth it financially. I'm not whining about the price, just want to finalize the numbers on it. And my ATS isn't getting any younger.

Thanks,

Eric

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
the plant startup has been pushed back a month to june so you won't likely see one until july or august

during the manufacturing process GM does not generate a VIN until the car is invoiced after build completion

dealers need the factory and financial institutions to get together and put together financing/leasing options

once these options are in place the lease/finance offers need an invoice in order to have the numbers and vin to plug into the offer

only then can the dealer tell you what you want to know

see the problem?

ordering is open so this part is doable...there are orders in, but these folks know they are taking the car no matter what, the numbers are a formality to them

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Hey,

Has anyone tried speaking to there local dealer for purchase/lease of the ATS-V (I'm guessing these things will be on the lot in July as per previous posts). I sat with my local dealer and was able to build a car without pricing. This was 2 weeks ago prior to the "embargo". I made a follow up call, but have received no eagerness to get me to purchase or any information on how to order or be put on a possible pre purchase list". Kind of strange when dealing with a dealership, usually I can't get them to stop calling once they take my name and number. Just trying to figure out if this thing is even worth it financially. I'm not whining about the price, just want to finalize the numbers on it. And my ATS isn't getting any younger.

Thanks,

Eric
Do they actually have an allotment?

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
not really, Caddy is doling them out to key markets (SoCal is a key market) and key dealers in those markets (dealers that sell V's well, remodeled the store, certified themselves for ELR sales, and have attained Mark of Excellence Status for training and customer satisfaction)

·
Registered
'16 ATS-V Sedan 6pd
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guess that makes sense. If this thing is on-par with the M3 (850 or so payments for base), my guess the ATS-V should lease out at about $750.00 a month without taxes or money down and other nonsense fees. M3 works on a 44% dep. value over the life of the lease. This is all baseline anyway.

·
Registered
2015 ATS 2.0T Luxury
40 Posts
Guess that makes sense. If this thing is on-par with the M3 (850 or so payments for base), my guess the ATS-V should lease out at about $750.00 a month without taxes or money down and other nonsense fees. M3 works on a 44% dep. value over the life of the lease. This is all baseline anyway.
Hm... I don't know.

Base BMW M3 with manual, navi and moon roof costs 58990$/63500$ Invoice/MSRP
Base ATS-V with manual, navi and moon roof costs 60564$/65010$ Invoice/MSRP

But in ATS-V case, navi is a part of luxury package and costs 2500$. Moon roof is additional cost of 1050$.
All of this is standard in M3

Looks like ATS-V is going to be more expensive than M3 :bigroll:. I wish them good luck...

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Hm... I don't know.

Base BMW M3 with manual, navi and moon roof costs 58990$/63500$ Invoice/MSRP
Base ATS-V with manual, navi and moon roof costs 60564$/65010$ Invoice/MSRP

But in ATS-V case, navi is a part of luxury package and costs 2500$. Moon roof is additional cost of 1050$.
All of this is standard in M3

Looks like ATS-V is going to be more expensive than M3 :bigroll:. I wish them good luck...
you need to look more carefully at some details like the M3 comes with cloth seats and it takes $3600 to add leather

it also takes a $4300 Executive pkg to add a rear camera, HUD, Parking sensors, sat radio, and keyless access

it also takes a $1900 Lighting pkg to add adaptive lights and auto high beams

it also takes $1000 for adaptive suspension

it aslo takes $875 for Harmon Suround Sound

it also takes $500 to get phone integration and bluetooth streaming

all said you are looking at $11,275 in adds to equal the standard equipment in ATS-V

so lets do the math:

M3 base price with destination is $62,950
add options to level it with base ATS-V $11,275

and you are now at the grand total of $74,225 vs $61,460

yes nav is part of the $2500 lux pkg but is also available standalone for $1085
sunroof is $1050 add these to level with standard nav on BMW and the no cost switch to the sunroof from a carbon roof and ATS-V with nav and roof just the way you like it is $63,595

I think Caddy is making their own good luck:yup:

·
Registered
'16 ATS-V Sedan 6pd
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm comparing base models on my breakout. Maybe not upon release but dealers can discount MSRP by 3%-5%, at least. MSRP means nothing.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I'm comparing base models on my breakout. Maybe not upon release but dealers can discount MSRP by 3%-5%, at least. MSRP means nothing.
OK i'll do you one better .....the invoice to retail price difference on both these cars is $530 in favor of the BMW...meaning if a BMW Dealer took the price all the way down to invoice and a Cadillac Dealer did the same (no more room for discounts) for the build Yarcos wants that $11,275 gap between the cars becomes a $10,745 gap in favor of the ATS.....so factoring in the you don't believe in MSRP because of discounting, (which is a totally legit and informed way to look at it, :highfive:) the ATS is still a much better value, no way around you either get way less car in the BMW and pay similar money or get a similar car and pay way more for the BMW across the price range between invoice and MSRP

·
Registered
'16 ATS-V Sedan 6pd
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK i'll do you one better .....the invoice to retail price difference on both these cars is $530 in favor of the BMW...meaning if a BMW Dealer took the price all the way down to invoice and a Cadillac Dealer did the same (no more room for discounts) for the build Yarcos wants that $11,275 gap between the cars becomes a $10,745 gap in favor of the ATS.....so factoring in the you don't believe in MSRP because of discounting, (which is a totally legit and informed way to look at it, :highfive:) the ATS is still a much better value, no way around you either get way less car in the BMW and pay similar money or get a similar car and pay way more for the BMW across the price range between invoice and MSRP

-You know Cadillac is hiring in NY. :)

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
-You know Cadillac is hiring in NY. :)
that could be sweet...then i could make the PissedOff edition ATS-V which would pretty much be an ATS-V but it will have RED LEATHER in it......then the Wookiee edition which could have fur or pelt maybe sheepskin instead of leather....:yup:

·
Registered
2015 ATS 2.0T Luxury
40 Posts

Well, I don't need all this "toys". If someone needs park sensors, rear camera etc then he should buy bus ticket and be worry free.

All I need is moon roof and navi. I configured cars for my personal needs. I'm not going cry if I don't get adaptive suspension.
So, in my case BMW will be cheaper :yup:.

Also keep in mind, BMW is ready negotiate price even if you want order car. Cadillac doesn't do it. Take what we have or pay sticker price.
Still, wish them good luck... :yup:

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
maybe you need to get away from Texas caddy dealers ......and good luck with the BMW dealers they will fight tooth and nail to not waste allocation on a bean can plain Jane cloth m3. best friend bought an m4 for his birthday last month they're all loaded dealers aren't trading it's the Wild West right now

·
Registered
2015 ATS 2.0T Luxury
40 Posts
No worries.

When selling numbers go down, I would like to see those nails and tooth... :D

I assure you, in mean time they gonna be happy to sell "bean can plain Jane cloth m3" and in addition to suck my... :bigroll:

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
No worries.

When selling numbers go down, I would like to see those nails and tooth... :D

I assure you, in mean time they gonna be happy to sell "bean can plain Jane cloth m3" and in addition to suck my... :bigroll:

lol...:tisk:

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V coupe on order
61 Posts
I own two BMWs right now. When the time comes (June or July) I'm selling my Z4 + and ordering a ATS-V.
Currently BMW thinks that us dipsticks don't need a dipstick, let the electronics tell us when to change the oil, something like 50,000 miles.
Buy a ATS-V and change your oil and filter every 5,000. Treat it like a '56 Chevy and it'll run forever. Follow BMW's suggestions
and see the end of high mileage BMWs for sale. Used to be a Bimmer would run for 200,000 or 250,000 miles. No more I had a 2012 M3 and
got rid of it because of all the damned "bells and whistles" My Z4+, a Z4 with a Dinan tune is just as fast as my M3 was and more fun to
drive.

·
Registered
39 Posts
you need to look more carefully at some details like the M3 comes with cloth seats and it takes $3600 to add leather

it also takes a $4300 Executive pkg to add a rear camera, HUD, Parking sensors, sat radio, and keyless access

it also takes a $1900 Lighting pkg to add adaptive lights and auto high beams

it also takes $1000 for adaptive suspension

it aslo takes $875 for Harmon Suround Sound

it also takes $500 to get phone integration and bluetooth streaming

all said you are looking at $11,275 in adds to equal the standard equipment in ATS-V

so lets do the math:

M3 base price with destination is $62,950
add options to level it with base ATS-V $11,275

and you are now at the grand total of $74,225 vs $61,460

yes nav is part of the $2500 lux pkg but is also available standalone for $1085
sunroof is $1050 add these to level with standard nav on BMW and the no cost switch to the sunroof from a carbon roof and ATS-V with nav and roof just the way you like it is $63,595

Base M3 is not cloth. It's leather. Cloth is no-cost option if you want it. 3600 is the bump up for MORE leather (slathered all over the dash and console, tops of doors, etc.), so no need to add 3600 to match ATS there.

Lighting package is $1900, but also bumps you to full LEDs. Tough to say it's better or worse.

500 also not required for phone integration and streaming. That option adds a hardwired cradle, but functionality exists without it..

So really, without destination, that BMW only costs 69,200. But that comes with HUD and HID (even LED!!) headlights. So replace that standalone sunroof and nav with the luxury package and HUD, and now the ATS is 64,385.

This is as close to similarly specced as I can get these cars right now. At this point, BMW MSRP is 4,815 higher than the Cadillac. That 5k gets you iDrive instead of CUE (which is a pretty massive difference), Much nicer interior overall, LED headights, and don't forget. BMW's the incumbent here. Everyone knows what they're getting with the BMW. Cadillac kind of has something to prove if they want to get involved here.

And while I agree to the point in the post above that comparing MSRP may not necessarily be fair, I think at least for this summer it's going to disadvantage Cadillac. Unless anyone knows a Cadillac dealer willing to sell a hot new ATS-V near invoice.... (M3's are going for small premium over invoice right now). For all intents and purposes, for a buyer this summer, the same money is going to take home either car as specced above.

I suspect Most ATS-Vs sold will be close to base where the higher standard equipment list is most competitive.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts