Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V (Blk, 6spd, Recaros), 2007 Cadillac CTS-V (sold)
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
1,654 Posts
All talk and no action. If Cadillac gets off the dime, it may get the car guys back; otherwise, it will be too late. And if it's true, allow the deletion of all the Pep Boys crap.

·
Registered
Started with '04 BR V, moved on to '09 Slvr V, now '13 CRT coupe
1,957 Posts
This could re-ignite my interest in the ATS-V.
Since the ATS-V hasn't made it to the showroom yet, I'd imagine a V-8 version would be down the road by a year or more.
And it would have a better designation than the "+" version.
What.... ATS-V 2.0 ??

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V 6MT; 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD
288 Posts
This would be pretty awesome. It sounds almost too good to be true.

LS7 equals more hp and tq, with less weight, V-8 sound and a seven-speed manual. Ok, I'll take it.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V 6MT, 2017 AMG GLC43
310 Posts
I'm surprised this rumor has leaked out before the ATS-V turbos even hit showroom floors -- because this is the V worth waiting for.

Wonder if the new C63 woke-up folks at Cadillac who were spending all of their time focusing on the M3. Great news for manual transmission V8 fans who were starting to head for the exits.

A normally-aspirated V8 makes this even sweeter - lighter, simpler, pure V8 -- please make sure the synthetic sound track is banished, too!

But how soon will it happen?

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
550 Posts
I'll believe it when I see an official press release.

The differences are pretty minor. 466 HP vs 505, 480 lbs vs 450 lbs.

Add a tune to the turbo motor, and it will put more to the ground than the V8 without hardware mods.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,973 Posts
Holy crap! This would be one cool car!

The ONLY downside is I've heard the LS7 doesn't like to be supercharged. Anybody know a bit more about this?

·
Registered
none
397 Posts
Meh. The main ttv6 is more simply/cheaply modified to get as much power as cammed ls7.
Also, the C63 amg s, already has 500 hp and as a TT, is easily tuned.
So without some upgrades, this is no black series fighter.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
More HP/torque than the turbo 3.6 six cylinder, less weight, and a much greater potential for HP/torque gains in the NA LS7.

Bravo!

·
Registered
17 xt5 & Blk 05 cts-v
2,470 Posts
At this point the ls7 has a great aftermarket. I would want to sc it. Would be great as a n/a built daily/ track car. All that's left to answer is price.

·
Registered
CTS-V (Black 2014), CTS-V (Red obsession 2014)
776 Posts
The ONLY downside is I've heard the LS7 doesn't like to be supercharged. Anybody know a bit more about this?
#1: already has (relatively) high compression
#2: cylinder walls too thin (pistons too close together due to "large" diameter). Boosted engines don't like this condition

----------

Meh. The main ttv6 is more simply/cheaply modified to get as much power as cammed ls7.
I understand you basic logic, but this particular ttV6 has never been successfully, reliably, or easily modded yet. This remains speculation. I hope tuners are successful, but we will have to see what gets reliably done. One more advantage for the V8 is that you get the additional hp and torque without voiding the warranty. Modifying the ttv6 will nullify the warranty. No big deal for some (me), but a show stopper for others.

Without a single ATS-V on the street yet, I wonder how factual details of a "plus" model can be, anyway...

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
1,654 Posts
Why would anyone want to modify an LS7? It's a wonderful n/a V8. When you get into the engine mod area, it's a race to see who can blow up an engine first. For a street car, you can spend a lot of money on parts but you can't out-engineer the factory. If you have to pay for the car yourself, and lose your warranty in the process, what is the gain?

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Also, the C63 amg s, already has 500 hp and as a TT, is easily tuned.
So without some upgrades, this is no black series fighter.
Is that so? What does a Black series do at VIR Grand East? Because if this V+ is equipped anywhere near a Z28, it will be FASTER. look at the weight specs.

And look at a Z28 around VIR Grand East...

----------

I'll believe it when I see an official press release.

The differences are pretty minor. 466 HP vs 505, 480 lbs vs 450 lbs.

Add a tune to the turbo motor, and it will put more to the ground than the V8 without hardware mods.
Of course you'd be the contrarian in this.

·
Registered
none
397 Posts
Is that so? What does a Black series do at VIR Grand East? Because if this V+ is equipped anywhere near a Z28, it will be FASTER. look at the weight specs.

And look at a Z28 around VIR Grand East...

----------

Of course you'd be the contrarian in this.
We don't know what the c63 s, does either.
But, it's 500 hp, and NOT even the black series.

·
Registered
CTS-V (Black 2014), CTS-V (Red obsession 2014)
776 Posts
We don't know what the c63 s, does either.
But, it's 500 hp, and NOT even the black series.
That's funny;... no it's not the "black" series. And no it's not a C63 either. The C63S has no competitive offering from Cadillac. You should only compare the ATS-V to the C63.
(If) there ever is such a thing... The ATS-V+ will compete/compare to the C63S.

1 - 20 of 185 Posts