Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I’m currently driving a 2013 CTS 3.0 AWD and I’m looking to upgrade to an ATS 3.6 AWD Performance. Really just wondering what kind of problems you guys ran into while owning yours and what I should look to replace quickly. ATS I’m looking to get into is 58K miles 1 Owner. Thanks!

· Registered
2013 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD
465 Posts
Welcome! What year is the ATS? The main issues to look out for would be a leaky rear differential (and consequently a noisy diff from not fixing the leak) and the Cue screen failing. The only other items I can think of with mine were alternator going out around 90k miles and the MRC shocks leaking, but you don't have Magnetic Ride so your shocks should be fine. Other consumable maintenance items you should look into for an ATS of that mileage is if the transmission and front and rear differential fluids have been changed and if the rear brakes have been changed.

· Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T 6spd manual Performance RWD
1,202 Posts
You didn't mention the year of the ATS but if you get a car with the 8spd auto, make sure it drives well or has had the TSB done on it. They are known for rough 1-2 shifts and the TSB calls for a fluid change, trans tune reflash, and I think new torque converter. Seems to fix it for some, while others continue to have issues. Sunroofs seem to be hit or miss with proper functionality/keeping water out so check that out (drain is above the transmission so not fun to clean out). Also the HVAC system in the ATS kind of sucks but it's usable - more of a general FYI there. The 3.6 itself seems pretty reliable, and sounds good.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You didn't mention the year of the ATS but if you get a car with the 8spd auto, make sure it drives well or has had the TSB done on it. They are known for rough 1-2 shifts and the TSB calls for a fluid change, trans tune reflash, and I think new torque converter. Seems to fix it for some, while others continue to have issues. Sunroofs seem to be hit or miss with proper functionality/keeping water out so check that out (drain is above the transmission so not fun to clean out). Also the HVAC system in the ATS kind of sucks but it's usable - more of a general FYI there. The 3.6 itself seems pretty reliable, and sounds good.
Completely spaced the year my bad, it’s a 2014 and it’s a 6 Speed automatic!

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome! What year is the ATS? The main issues to look out for would be a leaky rear differential (and consequently a noisy diff from not fixing the leak) and the Cue screen failing. The only other items I can think of with mine were alternator going out around 90k miles and the MRC shocks leaking, but you don't have Magnetic Ride so your shocks should be fine. Other consumable maintenance items you should look into for an ATS of that mileage is if the transmission and front and rear differential fluids have been changed and if the rear brakes have been changed.
Thank you! It’s a 2014 ATS and it’s at 59.4k miles, if everything is good when I go check it out then it seems like I’m getting a great deal

· Registered
2013 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD
465 Posts
Thank you! It’s a 2014 ATS and it’s at 59.4k miles, if everything is good when I go check it out then it seems like I’m getting a great deal
You should be good to go - have the selling party verify when the transmission and differential fluids were changed (or have them changed if they can't tell you it was done yet) and also verify how much is left on the rear pads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts