Cadillac Owners Forum banner

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T Premium
223 Posts
I just looked on mine and I don't have the ground where the picture shows either. They must have moved it at some point. I also have a 2.0T. There is a hole there, just no connection.

I have gotten the power steering warning, but I haven't had it fail yet. I'll probably ask the dealer about this next time I go in.

·
Registered
2013 ATS Black RWD Auto 2.0T Luxury ZZP (Intake, DP, Tune, E85)
8 Posts
As it turns out, the loose ground wire was in fact the issue causing my power steering to cut out randomly. After the dealer (supposedly) followed the loose ground wire service bulletin my car continued to have the problem so I took it back to the dealer. Because the issue was not resolved, the GM technical advisor recommended a replacement of the power steering gear, electric motor, and control module. Even after those were replaced my problem persisted. Because the dealer seemed unable to resolve the issue I took it upon myself to look into the problem. Through a family member that is a GM engineer, I got the original service bulletin for the loose ground wire and followed the instructions. That particular bulletin did not correctly identify the engine ground location so I looked around the engine block until I found the bolt that held down the ground wire on the front driver side of the engine block. Sure enough the bolt was barely finger tight and once I torqued it to spec my problems have not come back. I've attached a photo to show what the bolt looked like.
Hey man I have 2013 ATS 2.0T and same issue with power steering. I bought it used and it has new engine on it. I figure out that dealer forgot to attach ground wire at all like you have on your photo. I wanna fix that and add one. Can you tell me where its going from engine block?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have had ats about a month now, in very dry climate. Ran it through car wash yesterday with
the normal spray to enter and standard wash. Turned off the car during the wash and restarted at completion.--no power steering at all. Can just imagine what would happen in a heavy rain or water puddle. Happened to a small female that didn't have the strength to muscle it.
Very dangerous situation. Have appointment with the dealer in a couple of days. Very concerned with electronic steering.
I bought a used Cadillac ATS 2013 . Power steering went out as I was driving down the road . It’s raining outside. Cadillac says no recall so I have to pay to fix .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey man I have 2013 ATS 2.0T and same issue with power steering. I bought it used and it has new engine on it. I figure out that dealer forgot to attach ground wire at all like you have on your photo. I wanna fix that and add one. Can you tell me where its going from engine block?
Where is the picture

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,687 Posts
The thread has been dead for 3.5 years and the first member you quoted has not logged in for 8 years. Hover over a member's avatar to see site and personal info.

Welcome Aboard !!!

Many members clear out their picture files to regain storage space. That may be one instance.

You might want to start your own thread in the correct vehicle forum.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts