Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what is the reason for the new Performance Brake System that I just found on the Cadillac accessories web site? The description is:Brake System

Designed to simultaneously enhance performance while minimizing wear, the ATS Performance Brake System replaces the brake booster and brake pads on the existing Cadillac ATS brake system.

What type of pads are they using and why a new brake booster?

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0L Performance RWD
406 Posts
I see that GM did use two different boosters depending on stock brake package - Base/JE2 brakes got #22909770, Brembos/J55 got #22909771. Maybe different travel rate?

Pads I believe were a different material composition, but I would just go with something aftermarket if you're looking for something different

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0 T 6 Speed
3 Posts
I have a 2013 ATS 2.0T 6speed. I have every mod available with exception of internals and turbo upgrades. I run steel breaded lines TQ7000 fluid and porterfield pads. You dont need any more than that with the HP the car puts out. I track my car and hammer it daily and I love the break set up.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
7,960 Posts
I have a 2013 ATS 2.0T 6speed. I have every mod available with exception of internals and turbo upgrades. I run steel breaded lines TQ7000 fluid and porterfield pads. You dont need any more than that with the HP the car puts out. I track my car and hammer it daily and I love the break set up.
What sort of breading do you use on the breaded lines? Just plain breading, or maybe Italian seasoned? :p :p

·
Registered
2016 ATS4 2.0T and a bunch of other stuff....
526 Posts
C'mon, pay attention - he said "Steel" breaded.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts