Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
ATS Coupe
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey CTS owners,
I just thought I would drop by to tell all of you how much I love your car! I hit a meteorite sized pothole on M-14 about 25 miles west of Detroit (Plymouth, to be exact, for all of you SEMI members) and bent the driver front wheel of my ATS. I've had a '15 2.0 Premium loaner for about a week while the wheel was ordered.

This car's motor feels so much stronger than mine for some reason, especially at the higher rev range. Not that passing is tough with the ATS, but the CTS seems to just keep pulling. It's also much quieter in there, which I prefer. The 4 cylinder isnt an engine in my opinion that sounds all that great anyway.

The CUE is faster and more responsive. The cooled seats are friggin amazing. And despite the size difference, I don't feel there's a big trade off in cornering. All in all, I've come away very impressed. I originally was thinking of getting another small sporty sedan for my next car (328, A4), but this has me thinking about a CTS in the near future.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts about the difference between the 3.6 and the 2.0 for those who have driven both. I've found the 2.0 to be plenty powerful, and the mags don't show much of a difference at the track. Is there something that pushed the 3.6 owners to go with that engine over the 2.0? Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
2006, 2014 CTS, Currently 2018 XT5
345 Posts
The biggest thing that put me in a 2.0 was the price difference. When I was shopping for the CTS I wrote off the 2.0 as being too small for that size car. I felt
GM has never been known for their hot rod 4 cylinders. The 2014's with a V-6 was around 3200.00 more then a 2.0. Same equipment and options but with the V-6.
I just did some research and found the 2015 CTS with the V-6 is now only around 1700.00 more.

When I test drove the 2.0 I was telling myself this thing is gonna' be a dog. I was surprised big time. Got it out on the interstate doing around 60 or so and I punched
it. I was pushed back in the seat and the next thing I knew we were doing 90. Did the same thing doing around 75-80 had the same results. My mind was made, I'll take
the 2.0 and save the 3200.

I have owned it 6 months now and have NO complaints. I owned a 2006 CTS with a V-6, Which I traded for a 2012 Buick Lacrosse that I only kept for 2 years. Really missed
the CTS.

I think you will be more then happy with the 2.0. Happy Motoring.

·
Registered
ATS Coupe
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Richard. The 2.0 really did feel more than adequate for the car. I had the same reservations about it when I got in, but the first on ramp put that to rest. But with the small price difference now between the cars, because of incentives, mark downs or whatever GM is up to, some 3.6's are in the 2.0 price range. Maybe I'll just have to test drive one when I bring the car back today :crybaby:

·
Registered
2014 CTS 3.6 Luxury
21 Posts
I came from a 2013 2.0 ATS and am now driving a CTS 3.6 Luxury. The 2.0s in the CTS have 35 lbs more torque than the 2013 - 2014 ATS 2.0s. 2015 ATSs now share the CTS 2.0s. I test drove both 2.0 and 3.6 CTS models and eventually went for the 3.6. In truth I was worried about piston failure in my 2013 2.0, and the fact that Cadillac has no factory catch can to collect the extra oil going into the turbo. Don't know if the 2015 2.0s are designed better, but are fun to drive. Good luck on what ever choice you make. If you do get the turbo, make sure you get a Diablosport tune to wake up the motor.

·
Registered
2006, 2014 CTS, Currently 2018 XT5
345 Posts
Thanks for the reply Richard. The 2.0 really did feel more than adequate for the car. I had the same reservations about it when I got in, but the first on ramp put that to rest. But with the small price difference now between the cars, because of incentives, mark downs or whatever GM is up to, some 3.6's are in the 2.0 price range. Maybe I'll just have to test drive one when I bring the car back today :crybaby:
With the smaller price difference now it's a tough decision. With the V-6 you get the 8 speed auto transmission, The 2.0 only has the 6 speed. The MPG difference is minimal.

Other postings on this forum have claims about 15 to 20K off MSRP. My local dealer still has 4ea 2014's one has the V-6 and he is only offering them for roughly 10,000 off MSRP with
all rebates and incentives included.

Good luck in your decision.

·
Registered
14' CTS 3.6
41 Posts
My dealer gives me a 2.0 as a loaner when my car is in for service. I enjoy the turbo and think it moves pretty good, but when I pick up my 3.6 luxury oh man!!! There is no comparison. The 3.6 just feels and sounds so much more powerful! I'm happy with it, even though it idles rough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts