Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, first time poster here. I have been eyeballing some different door panels, knee bolster, and other interior parts that are from a 2013 ATS Sedan in the red leather color. I currently own a 2016 Cadillac ATS V Coupe and would like to swap the door panels, knee bolster, glove box lid, and upper dash panel. Has anyone done this before? And will the parts fit? Without handling them in pictures they seem to be the same dimension and shape. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2015 ATS Coupe, Premium 3.6 AWD; 2005 Mercedes SLK roadster; 2003 Suburban
155 Posts
Well, if you are going from a sedan to a coupe, the door panels will not work for sure. As for the rest of the items, hopefully you will hear from someone with some experience in the swapping out.

It's amazing how different the coupe is from sedan. The only common body panel is the hood. Even the door mirrors are different. The coupe is slightly wider than the sedan but I don't know if that would have any bearing on interior components other than the steering wheel -- the coupe steering wheel is more thickly padded. The upper dash panel may or may not be affected by the width difference between the two.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The door is indefinitely larger on the coupe but i am hoping that wouldn’t necessarily mean that the panel wouldn’t fit. It could just be a bit larger on the outside but the panel still the same. I could only hope, and might order one just to find out since its $130. I could return it if it doesn’t fit. It’s truly amazing in such an expensive car especially a coupe they didnt offer the red color from the factory, yet the ats sedan and cts V both had that as an available color. The competition in luxury sport coupe; M3 and C63 both offer cranberry red interior. Sometimes i think their marketing advisor slept through this project.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was hoping someone in the community would of tried fitting the panels already since the parts are readily available and I mean who wouldnt want the Morello Red if it fits, such a great color especially accented with the black and red carbon fiber.

·
Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,423 Posts
The Coupe is a lot lower sales volume, so they tend to offer fewer colors.

If you look at the door trim, the coupe has a speaker located at the window controls and
the sedan does not. That probably makes the door trim different.

·
Registered
2015 ATS Coupe Performance 6MT
32 Posts
The door is indefinitely larger on the coupe but i am hoping that wouldn’t necessarily mean that the panel wouldn’t fit. It could just be a bit larger on the outside but the panel still the same. I could only hope, and might order one just to find out since its $130. I could return it if it doesn’t fit. It’s truly amazing in such an expensive car especially a coupe they didnt offer the red color from the factory, yet the ats sedan and cts V both had that as an available color. The competition in luxury sport coupe; M3 and C63 both offer cranberry red interior. Sometimes i think their marketing advisor slept through this project.
The coupe was offered with red morello, Carbon fiber trim & Alcantara as I have one. I also added Alcantara to the the front & rear Pillars, instrument cluster & ctsv Alcantara sun visors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts