Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 AWD ATS 3.6 Performance
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As I'm planning on tacking on a set of 5x114.3's because Cadillac thought that 5x115 was a good idea, and I'd like to not have lots of wobble when I'm driving.

Does anyone know where I can acquire hub centric rings for a '13 ATS?

Can I even fit 5x114.3s on there if the actual lug bolts are 5x115?

Or should I just run a higher offset wheel and some adapters?
But that would be too easy, of course

Edits:
  • It's occurred to me that I would need to actually acquire the wheel first before I can know
But that still doesn't answer if I can fit the new wheel and the lugs, and would I need to special order lug nuts for the new wheels to fit them on? Can I use my stock ATS lugs?
So many questions.

• So it turns out that center bore size is listed for the ATS as 70.3 and the wheels I would like to order are 73.10
The information IS available!

·
Registered
2016 ATS4 2.0T
143 Posts
There's a huge rabbit hole you can go down trying to determine whether bolt pattern of 5x114.3 will work on 5x115. Some say yes, it's fine, some say no way. Some have done it with no problems, some have talked horror stories about the lugs under tension and the centrifical force exponentially increasing that tension.

I know when I got my rims, I got 5x115 just to be sure. Your mileage may vary. It severely limited the selection of rims though. Some other users here may say otherwise.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T 6spd manual Performance RWD
1,019 Posts
The bolt circle for 5x115 is literally a hair off from 5x114.3. Many of the wheels people buy that are not super high end are not even machined to high enough tolerance that distinguishes this difference. You have the right idea, run some hubcentric rings and it will be fine. And correct lugnuts torqued to 82-85 ft lbs.

Here are a couple sites to buy the rings from. If what you said above is correct, then you would need 2.8mm rings. Make sure you clean the surface rust/debris off the hub bore that the ring will mount to.

As for lugnuts the two main types are conical (sometimes called 'acorn'), and ball seat. Conical seat tapers at 60 degrees while ball seat is rounded. The ATS oem wheels and lugs use conical, I was surprised to see that when I changed my wheels. My Accord uses ball seat. Anyway make sure the lugs you use employ the same type of seat as the wheels and fit in the holes.

Btw the downside to using hubcentric rings is that if you take care anywhere for work where they will be removing the wheels you have to be sure to tell them about the rings so they don't lose them.

You did not mention using spacers but if you do make sure you change out the studs for any spacer thicker than 5mm.

·
Registered
2013 AWD ATS 3.6 Performance
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I contacted the wheel company and I'm just gonna pay the $125 for them to redrill to fit 5x115. Thanks everyone!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts