Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
ATS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I new to the forum so I don't know if this question been posted yet. Can the ATS V hood fit on a regular ATS?

·
Registered
ATS 2.0 M6 FE3
605 Posts
The hood to bumper match line is different on the different ATS's (2013/2014+/ATS-V) so you would need to also swap the bumper over. The fenders are also different, but I believe the datum plane for them is the same along the hood.

From everything I've been able to find out, yes it will bolt on, but the problem is you'll spend a small fortune getting the ATS-V's hood and bumper and getting them painted to match, which makes one wonder if it's really worth it.

That also doesn't address underhood clearance - the vents in the hood could have an interference with the engine in the standard ATS (but it's super unlikely).

·
Registered
ATS 2.0 M6 FE3
605 Posts
The way to do it would be to wait until some ATS-V gets rear ended and then buy as much of the car as possible off salvage.

Personally, i'd be more interested in the recaros than anything else!

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V M6 and 2013 ATS 3.6L Premium
64 Posts
I can't tell if the fenders are wider on the ATS-V for the front. It will be interesting.

·
Registered
'14 ATS 4 Black Raven 3.6 Premium
1,158 Posts
You'd definitely have to swap the grill and bumper out as well as the hood has a different shape at the front. Which would also mean if you had a Performance or Premium you'd have to fabricate something for the lower DRLs to fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts