Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
none
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rather than attempting to take apart and modify my headlights, I figured it would be good to reach out and see who would be interested in these headlights if they were made available for us non-sport/premium owners. I sent emails out to a few manufacturers of aftermarket headlight companies to see if any options are in the works. I plan on linking to this thread in hopes we can show demand would support their reason making them. I for one would be willing to be part of a group buy if it meant the difference between getting them produced or not. Please just post up if you would be interested in buying these from an aftermarket company should they be cost effective.

Attached is what i sent them a picture of with regards to what we are expecting.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
From posts in these forums, I think a high percent of base or Luxury drivers would be interested, A lot of people apparently thought their car came with them and others wanted them but not other things that added to the price of Performance or Premium.

But rental fleets or company car owners would probably pass. And it seems a lot of people lease ATSs and might not want to deal with switching back and being left with the upgraded lights at the end of lease.

If they aren't plug and play, that would eliminate a significant number of buyers. If they are plug and play, it probably means these won't operate exactly like the factory but I doubt anyone would care about that.

Hope someone makes them.

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0 Standard
24 Posts
I wanted these headlights but I didnt want to spend extra money on stuff I wouldnt use in the packages available. I dont like adaptive headlights, either.

If they were plug n play along with the bottom "fog lights" Id buy them. But for less than the OEM headlights.

·
Registered
2013 Luxury ATS 2.0T Manual
708 Posts
Personally would love these on my Luxury ATS. I don't need or want the adaptive cornering lights and I really don't need HID, honestly. The lower DRLs with matching insert and trim would also have to come with them though. That being said, I'd have to see the kit and the price tag before I can say that I'd be on-board. Most likely I would have to pass. Considering that the OEM part costs for getting all this into an ATS is around $2,500, the aftermarket kit would have to be around a quarter of that for me to buy in.

Any chance the LED strip could be added to the current base/luxury headlight housing and have the DRL power diverted to the LEDs? I'd be good with that! Also, would love to see them clustered tighter. I can't stand being able to see the individual LEDs when running.

·
Registered
ATS-V Coupe MT
1,558 Posts
Personally would love these on my Luxury ATS. I don't need or want the adaptive cornering lights and I really don't need HID, honestly. The lower DRLs with matching insert and trim would also have to come with them though. That being said, I'd have to see the kit and the price tag before I can say that I'd be on-board. Most likely I would have to pass. Considering that the OEM part costs for getting all this into an ATS is around $2,500, the aftermarket kit would have to be around a quarter of that for me to buy in.

Any chance the LED strip could be added to the current base/luxury headlight housing and have the DRL power diverted to the LEDs? I'd be good with that! Also, would love to see them clustered tighter. I can't stand being able to see the individual LEDs when running.
i highly doubt this is possible. i took apart both headlights to see if the parts could b interchanged. my conclusion was that they are not directly compatible and wouldnt work. plus the wiring for the luxury is different. the same wires power the headlight and the DRL for luxury and base models. as in basically, it cant be a direct plug and play. the highbeam solenoid is in a different "plug" between the 2 types of headlights as well as teh DRL. so even if u rewire the led strip to match the DRL of ur car, the LEDs would come on along with the headlights in dim mode. im pretty sure you would want to run the leds by themselvse during the day since thats when theyre most beautiful

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
Any chance the LED strip could be added to the current base/luxury headlight housing
Wasn't sure what you're asking but if it was can you get just the housing with LEDs and transfer your existing internals, I'm pretty sure you can't. Someone pasted an illustration showing all the components and every internal part had a part number and a complete assembly had a part number but there was no part number just for the "empty" housing. And the LEDs are not a separate part that could be added to the non-LED assemblies.

·
Registered
2013 Luxury ATS 2.0T Manual
708 Posts
Great info guys. So any solution will not be cheap or easy and will require at least an extra wiring harness and maybe even a logic board to make it work like OEM perf/prem. Might have been worth spending more in the first place!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts