Cadillac Owners Forum banner

ATS head gasket external leaks

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Shawnyd 
#1 ·
Hello. I’m looking to buy an ATS 2.0t with a manual transmission. I’ve looked at two cars. A 2013 and a 2017. Both 2.0t’s. Both at dealerships. Both under 50,000 miles. What I’ve seen in both cars is an external head gasket leak on the drivers side, closer to the fire wall. I’ll attach a picture so you all can see it. I’ve searched the Internet over and over and cannot find anything about this. I was wondering if any of you have come across this in your cars? It just seems interesting that I looked at two cars and they both have the leaks. What do you guys think?

See less See more
#5 ·
That’s what I was thinking!!! The sales rep said he would have it looked at by the shop (Larson Cadillac in Seattle, WA). I got an email reply a few days later saying “the heads are fine”. So I asked to have that in writing by the shop. I got ghosted after that. He never replied to me after a few emails and phone calls to him.

It’s a shame because that car is what I consider a piece of art.
thank you very much for your reply!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.