Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T 6spd manual Performance RWD
788 Posts
How did you accomplish this?
I bought a spare OEM upper and lower grill so in case I messed up I would not ruin mine. I found someone selling an upper/lower grill used and bought them, took them apart, and cut them up. Then bought aluminum mesh from customcargrills and cut and bent it where needed after I figured out where to attach it to the grill and how. That is the most time consuming part...figuring out what to trim off the grills to mount the mesh, and trimming and bending/forming the mesh itself to fit the grill frame.

After I worked it all out and had everything ready to go together, I had the parts painted. When I got it all back I zip tied the mesh to the grill, applied an industrial strength adhesive over the contact points, and let it set for a day.

When I installed them I could not believe how many screws and clips Cadillac used to secure the grills, it was ridiculously overdone. I think put half of them back. The grill shutters went back on the same way, and work as before.

Short story long...but that gives you an idea.

·
Registered
2017 ATS Sedan 3.6 Premium Luxury AWD
7 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of the SES Trims gloss black grille on an actual car? Here is the stock photo below.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Purchased the Ses trims grille. Fitment gets a B+ some chrome still visible around edges as to be expected really from a glue on. Overall was happy with quality and I think It looks great. Reason I bought this was because I put a 1" hole in the chrome coating while removing plasti dip.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 ATS 3.6 AWD Premium Luxury Coupe
51 Posts
Wow kudos to all! They all look GREAT!

I just picked up my car last night and the grill is the one thing that BUGS me and I am ITCHING to get rid of it! Any leads on what companie/brand currently has some phenomenal looking grills that can be depended on dropping cash on?!

·
Registered
51 Posts
^There are no aftermarket replacement grills except for E&G which are like $700. Otherwise there are mesh covers you tape over your factory grill. The only other option is DIY your own.
wow ok thank you! I will take a look at those just so I'm aware of what's out there and I'll also consider everyones moves here in these thread pics

·
Registered
51 Posts
anyone with a 2017 coupe, happen to have an E&G grille on their car?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts