Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have an ATS 2014 only 45k km. There's this weird metal/rubber type clunk sound from the suspension when going over speed bumps or really uneven roads but only after an idle start. So, it only comes if i haven't driven it for a few hours and of course if i drive it 20min to take it to the mechanic, the sound goes away! The mechanic said it was the stabilizer bar, they changed it, the sound was gone for 2 3 days, then came back. The same mechanic can't figure out what it is now since they've checked it and there are no problems plus they can't hear the sound since it goes away when i drive there!
P.s the weather here is around 25-30 degree Celsius, so it's not that cold..
Video below of the sound

·
Registered
2015 ATS Sedan / 2.0T / RWD / 6-AT
192 Posts
I would tend to front strut mount.

Try to push the front end of the car down when the hood is open. Maybe you can hear the sound as well.

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac ATS
298 Posts
I would suggest having the control arm bushings checked. I had the same symptoms with a newer Chevy and the lower control arm bushings were shot. Pot holes will take them out over time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yep, control arm bushings can clunk and clank for thousands of KMs... if the seal is compromised they rot quick.

I have a similar clunk... I've been living with it because the dealer can't reproduce it. I'll bring it up again on the next visit, but I suspect stabilizer bushings or end links. It's one of those things that needs to be bad enough that a mechanic can find it 100% in a 30 second drive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts