Cadillac Owners Forum banner
61 - 80 of 91 Posts

· Registered
183 Posts
13 ats 45k motor changed due to cyclinder failure at 15k all services performed as per manual. Tuned, eibach, custom front mount, custom intake, custom catch can, custom full aluminum dual core rad. Vacuum line broke. Added cath can att. Rad started leaking 43k changed to dual core, removed intercooler added front mount. Been screwing with catch can design due to oil in intake for months still in progress.

· Registered
2011SRX,2022 XT4
535 Posts
2015 2.0 14 months 15K mi runs great, can't wait to replace RFs with standard Michelin tires definitey feel all road surface imperfections with very hard riding RFsJMO
Update 49k no issues 95% hyway avg 30.1 mpg changed out RFs at 32.5k to Michelin Premiers better on the hard surfaces but sport suspension and low profile tires do not make for a soft ride. Latest dealer huge internet discounts on left over 17s makes me wonder how much value on trade in can be left for new car buyers, hoping for another 50-60k trouble free. JMO

· Registered
2013 ATS Lux 2.0T MT (124K mi)
1,160 Posts
2013 with 58,000 miles. Differential replaced almost two years ago. Axle seals replaced (leaking) almost a year ago. Exhaust side cam actuator replaced maybe two and a half years ago. Other than that, she's doing great! The diff is my only real concern. Tried to open the fill hole this weekend to confirm there's fluid in there, but I could NOT get the thing to budge! It's a square, 3/8ths hole, so I just stuck a 3/8ths ratchet in there, but it didn't move a hair. Can't put an impact on it without removing the exhaust. Since (I BELIEVE!) the diff is still under warranty until 60,000 miles, what are the chances I can have the dealer check it to confirm it still has fluid and not get charged?

· Registered
ATS Metallic Silver, 2.0L Turbo, Performance, Morello Red
286 Posts
60K right now. 2013 in my hands since February of that year. Cam actuator sensor replaced on both banks. Front cover seal replaced.

Engine wise, always strong as a hammer. Can't see a replacement for the "Rocket Ship n a Rock Star" that I have.

· Registered
1 Posts
Just picked up at 2014 2.0t ats luxury rwd maybe 3 weeks ago. Drove it for 5 days and was loving it and it started to pick up a really rough idle. I bought it with 43k miles. On the 6th day I got a check engine light and made a service appointment and on my way to the dealer the engine light began to blink and the stabilitrak and all warning lights came on and the rear wheels began to lock up and chirp as I slowed down to turn into the dealer. Dealer checked it out and said a piston had failed and it’s getting a new engine. Rear diff was also leaking in 3 spots as was the radiator. It’s now been at the dealer almost 2 weeks. I’m supposed to be getting it back in the next couple days. They also talked about replacing the motor mounts with the engine because of the rough idle before it blew but I’m not sure if that’s happening.

· Registered
Mercedes C300 Luxury - ATS retired (torque coverter shudder)
766 Posts
Just picked up at 2014 2.0t ats luxury rwd maybe 3 weeks ago. Drove it for 5 days and was loving it and it started to pick up a really rough idle. I bought it with 43k miles. On the 6th day I got a check engine light and made a service appointment and on my way to the dealer the engine light began to blink and the stabilitrak and all warning lights came on and the rear wheels began to lock up and chirp as I slowed down to turn into the dealer. Dealer checked it out and said a piston had failed and it’s getting a new engine. Rear diff was also leaking in 3 spots as was the radiator. It’s now been at the dealer almost 2 weeks. I’m supposed to be getting it back in the next couple days. They also talked about replacing the motor mounts with the engine because of the rough idle before it blew but I’m not sure if that’s happening.
Man are you ever lucky all this happened under warranty, the ultimate used car nightmare. My condolences.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts