Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost a coin under the ashtray and it's sliding back and forth when I turn and driving me nuts. Had too much change and it flew out during a quick launch. How do I get the ash tray out without tearing it up?(I did do a search btw)
Second question, whats good to clean up the stock exhaust pipes. Mine are getting dingy and i haven't found any good way to get the shine back.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Reed, didn't see that small bolt. Thats why I wear glasses.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
urbanski said:
let me warn you....when you pry out that ashtray, it is a real BIT** to get that stupid gear thingy back in. i dropped it, now it rattles around. LOL. You may trade one rattle for another :D
Just use a small piece of masking tape to hold the bolt in the socket. After you get it tight just wiggle the socket a little and you are home free. Well atleast this has worked for me the three times I have had to put it back in.. lol:shhh:

Bill

·
FAQ is your Friend
3,987 Posts
Actually, my dealer lost the bolt and I have not had the bolt on for a while... No rattles or noise here. the clips work pretty well...

and yeah, dont drop the bolt. I did it once and was lucky. Use a magnetic tipped nut driver. (or use tape)

Reed

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey, i thought this was easy out, easy back in. Think I'll use a magnetic screwdriver, tape, goggles, surgical mask, steel toe boots and kevlar vest. Am i missing anything else? lmao fellas. I'll do the surgery Saturday morning. Better get band aids too.

·
Registered
819 Posts
And I thought I was the only one that dropped that f***ing screw! I drove around with it sliding around for a few weeks until I had to get an oil change and then I just told the dealer there was a noise and they fixed it. Definitely use a magnetic screwdriver AND tape..you don't want to drop it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
thefred