Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.2
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I picked up my new CTS for some reason there was no liner in the ash tray. I threw some change in there not really thinking about it. Now the change has fallen behind the ash tray and rattles around every time I turn a corner. I need to pull it out to remove the change but have no idea how to remove it without damaging anything. Any detailed instructions or pointers would be appreciated. I now have a liner in it but still hear the damn change.

Thanks

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.2
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RobertCTS said:
What happened to your car? The cup holder liner is gone as is the ash try. This a new car, right? The dealer should take car of these problems under the warranty.
The big problem is to get a good deal i had to go to a dealer about 90 min away from my house. i did not even know there was a liner for cup holder untill i saw on on another car yesterday and it is just eisier for my to order it than deal with going back out to dealer to have them replace it. they did give me the ash tray liner and some other items but i do not want to make a trip back to them untill i need to to keep on my service scheduel for free tires and oil.

actually the ash tray liner they gave me was pulled from another new car on the lot so i guss i can see why mine was missing. the sales man just pulled it out of another car to save the time of ordering one from parts dept. i just did not have time to waite while they took the ash tray out to remove the change so i thought i would so it myself. i just hate to leave the car for something so simple.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
The ashtray/climate control panel is held in place by four clips (two on each side), and a hidden bolt that must be removed first. If you open the ashtray you'll see a small hole in the back that leads to a small metric bolt. Remove the bolt, then use a plastic putty knife (not a metal screwdriver!) to pry one edge open, then the other. The whole panel pops out towards you (don't try to simply remove the ashtry). When you put it back, there's no need for the center bolt. The clips are more than enough to hold it in place.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.2
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
odysseus said:
The ashtray/climate control panel is held in place by four clips (two on each side), and a hidden bolt that must be removed first. If you open the ashtray you'll see a small hole in the back that leads to a small metric bolt. Remove the bolt, then use a plastic putty knife (not a metal screwdriver!) to pry one edge open, then the other. The whole panel pops out towards you (don't try to simply remove the ashtry). When you put it back, there's no need for the center bolt. The clips are more than enough to hold it in place.
ok i will give it a try today. just to be clear exactly where should i pry it out with the putty knife?

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.2
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
odysseus said:
i found the bolt. off to a good start

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.2
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
one more thing done. it came out just fine. funny to think two pennies coiuld make that much noise. thanks for all teh help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts