Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In trying to determine where a horrendous dash/hood rattle was coming from, it was discovered that the sales person lapel/suit name tag was buried in the glovebox lid skin. There was a rattle coming from the glovebox door and when slowly tapping the door while opening or closing (hinge released) I could hear something sliding in there. A little further disassembly, this name tag fell out. Through the years (and heat) the Cadillac wreath adhesive allowed the emblem to get sideways a bit.

Carol, wherever you are, thank you for selling my car to the original owner. They appreciated it for nearly 40 years till it found a new home.

·
Registered
Cadillac
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeap, unfortunately, too many Pinto's. Back in '77, if she was 40 years old, she'd be 80+ years old now.

It is a reminder, however, to try to look up the original dealer as well. The car was bought in the Tonawonda area of New York back then.

·
Registered
Cadillac
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good question. There is a very small chance that it could have been in the glovebox and slid into the door/lid. Small slim chance of this...

My thought is that it was purposely put there.

On a stroke of luck, I was able to call the original owner of the car. I've got a pile of service receipts from the life of the car. On a whim, I called the most current number and he answered! 88 years old! I asked him if he remembered Carol Pinto and he said no... thought he bought the car from a guy.

Googling Carol doesn't really yield anything unfortunately. 40+ years ago at this point. Interesting nonetheless!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts