Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T Premium
223 Posts
The front looks okay. The back doesn't bother me. Let's see some better pictures before we decide. The 5 is an attractive car, but I suspect the new CTS will kill it with better driving dynamics.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6L
264 Posts
Wow i didn't know these pictures existed! Very cool. I agree with the commenters on the article... front end is gorgeous... back end is very boring. The verdict is still out tho!

·
Registered
2019 Mercedes E450 Cabriolet, previous 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD, 1973 Corvette 454
2,363 Posts
Wow i didn't know these pictures existed! Very cool. I agree with the commenters on the article... front end is gorgeous... back end is very boring. The verdict is still out tho!
You know, the back end is basically the XTS design; though they could have made more like the ATS as well....I don't know what CTS owners were expecting. The CTS and STS design changes weren't all that different from one another in 2008 either. I expect the full length, flagship Caddy to be the totally redesigned vehicle when they build it; a la DTS. I expect the new CTS to be a big hit, if the ATS and XTS are any gauges.

·
Registered
18 Coupe, turbo, auto, dp,E 85,tune
825 Posts
It would help if they could pare some of the weight out of the new CTS. Glad I traded my '11 coupe for an ATS. The car is so much lighter on it's feet, and more fun to drive with the manual trans.

·
Registered
2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It will be interesting to see how they package it. The CTS coupe has received criticism that the backseat, and access to it, is somewhat painful and I would have to agree. With the ATS being smaller than the current CTS I can't imagine that situation will get any better. Then again it is a coupe and as a result is not intended to be family friendly.

My kids are older with one driving with his own car and we have an SUV for when the family goes out together, so I am fortunate that my car doesn't have to be forced into family duties. Actually I would have never purchased the car if that were the case and probably would have just kept my previous Acura.

The ELR is gorgeous (IMO) and I would imagine a coupe version of the ATS will be handsome as well. Looking forward to see what it will look like.

·
Registered
2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thebigjimsho said:
The CTS has an extreme roofline and bodywork. The ATS coupe could very well be more conventional and have a somewhat accessible back seat...
I guess that is possible. I thought I read (don't know where) that the ELR has almost the same interior dimensions as the CTS coupe. Have there been any reviews on rear seat accessibility? Probably not since it hasn't been launched yet. I was wondering if the ATS coupe might follow the ELR.

I would be very interested in an ATS coupe in the future, especially if they don't plan on making a coupe version of the next CTS.

·
Registered
2019 Mercedes E450 Cabriolet, previous 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD, 1973 Corvette 454
2,363 Posts
The coupe is one thing, but what I'd really be interested in is a drop top convertible...that would be a sweet design for an ATS. Haven't had one to drool over since the demise of the XLR. Articles say, realistically, it will probably be more reserved for the ELR. Something to look forward to in perhaps 2015!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts