Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Deville Base, 1999 Deville D'Elegance
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the struts in my '98 Deville (base with passive struts) and trying to determine whether I should go with OEM Delco parts or with aftermarket Arnott? I know that Arnott has their shocks manufactured by Gabriel and they provide a "lifetime" warranty. What I don't know is how new Arnott shocks "feel" as compared to the OEM Delco parts? Do they both provide the Cadillac float? I had originally posted in the suspension forum but haven't gotten much feedback. I'm hoping that some folks who have made these upgrades can provide feedback to help my decision.

Thanks!

Andrew

·
Registered
1990 DeVille
181 Posts
I used $55 (NAPA) Gabriels a few weeks ago, and am delighted with the result. I bought the "luxury" rather than "sport" struts. I had the opportunity to drive a similar car (coupe) with a much more expensive brand, and truly felt no difference.

Obviously, labor is the major cost, but this is a job one can do if you have access to a wall-mounted spring compressor OR a high quality portable one. It's easy to do with the car on the ground - a lift is not essential.

·
Registered
97 Cadillac Devile
7 Posts
Hallo abs, i am anxious to know whether you replaced your shocks. I own a 97 deville base and replaced the front struts and the rear air shocks with Arnotts after bottoming out every time i hauled three passengers. The ride was so comfortable as long as i was alone with the old oem shocks. After installing the Arnotts, the ride became quite abit rough. The ride became so firm i could feel every little ridge even on a smooth road. I am wondering if there is something i could do, replace mountings or such to get a smooth ride again. I enjoyed my caddi before but not so much now. Any advice?.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts