Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
08 Escalade, 08 BMW 535xi
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have an 08 escalade equipped with air ride. I just replaced a set of as2700 shocks. Everything seem great. Now the question is I haven't heard my compressor pump at start up for months now. So should I replace the compressor? I'm thinking to go with Dorman compressor.

·
Registered
2008 ESV
12 Posts
I installed the Dorman I purchased from Amazon last night. Bolted in and plug connected properly. I replaced the blowed 40a fuse in the box under hood. Started her and voila...she ran for a few seconds and turned off. I cycled keys several more times and cycled each time.

·
Registered
08 Escalade, 08 BMW 535xi
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because as2700 is a passive shock. Don't know if replacing it would make it any better?

·
Registered
Escalade, XTS. DeVille, DTS, Eldorado, Allante
33 Posts
If there’s a Service Ride Control message on the dash, scanning for codes would be the best thing to do. That’ll narrow down the issue to the compressor or a level height sensor malfunction. I’d also recommend checking the ALC compressor relay located on the outside of the fuse box in the engine compartment.

As for the Arnott AS-2700 shocks, they don’t control the air compressor. The system has 2 level height sensors in the rear located on each trail arm that monitors the ride height. If the rear gets too low the sensors send a signal to the control module which in turn engages the air compressor to level out the vehicle. Feel free to give me a call if you have additional questions.

Thank you,

Marvin Noel
Arnott Technical & Warranty Division Supervisor
Phone: 321-868-3016 ext-100

1 - 4 of 4 Posts