Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1995 SLS 200K miles
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my wife stole my Caddy, I am experimenting with her old 92 Honda. I decided to Armor all the whold damn car and see how it held up even though AA says it is not for painted sufaces. So far it is much easier and a much better finish than I have ever seen. Any one have advice or answer. Will it eat the paint? Looks great and lasts better than wax. What say you Gurus?
???

·
Registered
53 Eldo, 54 CDV, 74 FWB 96 FWB (sold),1998 STS(sold), 03 ESV
755 Posts
You used the Armor all for rubber and plastic on the paint? :bulging:

·
Registered
1995 SLS 200K miles
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I did I washed the car in AA carwarsh and used the Protectant for plastic and viny...Maybe it eats the paint , but so far, it was much easier than rubbin polish, and the shine is great. after 2hours I just ran a dry towel over the car and it looks great.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
:vomit: :crying2:

Just shoot me!!!

At least it was just a honda...... And maybe you discovered a new thing, but after hearing and experiencing what it does to leather and rubber, I wouldnt let it get near my precious paint!!!!

·
Registered
1995 SLS 200K miles
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Getting lazy in old age. If I can figure out how to post pics. I will include one of my 78 Caprice..Hot Rod. WIll let you know what happens with Honda..So far..seems fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1995 SLS 200K miles
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: This one gets the Meguiars

trying again to post pic of Caddy..lol

try later...enjoy the moonies on the Caprice

·
Registered
87 Deville
630 Posts
I use STP "Son of a gun" on my Tires and Vinyl, but when it comes to Painted surfaces on autos I Highly Recommend using MEGUIARS Deep Crystal System > 3 step process... Step 1 is a Cleaner > Step 2 is a Polish > Step 3 is a Carnuba Wax > Trust me The results are Amazing!

·
Registered
1995 SLS 200K miles
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Agreed 'Sound Advantage. Both the Caprice and the Cadillac get the Meguiar's advantage. Lot of work for old guy though..lol. Will let you know if the AA hurts the Honda.

·
Registered
1995 SLS 200K miles
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Years ago we noticed that AA prevented excess buildup of trackdirt and rubber...(weight) When Driver complained of dirt on the plexi screen and his visor..we tried AA again. It ain't always money. When he complained the car got upset off the turn..we tried 12 lbs less air in the LR tire. Free stuff. While asking him on radio if it felt better; the track photog took this pic...I call it..(Never Quit)....lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1995 SLS 200K miles
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SoundAdvantage said:
Time will Tell huh!
Is that a Dirt track he's Racing on?
Yes SA. Red dirt half mile. Gets like asphalt about this time of year.
20 second racetrack.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts