Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
Yes, the wheel is superb for heating, too bad we can't add that to Auto-Start. My seat heaters are sporadic on Auto-Start, even though they are set to be ON. I am getting a new CUE this week, so we'll see if that was connected or not.

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,214 Posts
I can say with first hand experience that the seat warmers in my ‘17 are much improved over my ‘14. The latter was horrible almost useless. The ones in my new one are great. They come on by themselves now and will adjust automatically. There are times when I manually lower my seat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
I can say with first hand experience that the seat warmers in my ‘17 are much improved over my ‘14. The latter was horrible almost useless. The ones in my new one are great. They come on by themselves now and will adjust automatically. There are times when I manually lower my seat.

Think this could be old v. new CUE related?

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,554 Posts

Wish I had to manually turn down my heated seats. I had mine on the other night through 2 remote starts and 30 minutes driving and I swear there was nothing. Same as my old ATS.
My wife makes fun of my non existing heated seats. She says why are you messing with that seat button it's just for show.:histeric:

·
Registered
2015 SRX LUX 2014 CTS LUX Phantom Grey (previously 2008 STS)
2,059 Posts
Odd, mine work great in my 2014 and 2015. Maybe you have a malfunction.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
The problem obviously isn’t universal. That, or some just like their seats warmer than others. ;)

Also, don’t the seat warmers adjust down once max temp is reached?

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,554 Posts
Odd, mine work great in my 2014 and 2015. Maybe you have a malfunction.
They couldn't fix it in my ATS and admitted that it didn't get warm so I don't bother with this one. If it really mattered to me I would pursue it. Just talking crap because mine don't work. We all bought our car for reasons and mine isn't the seats.

·
Registered
Ordering a '18 CTS V-Sport
17 Posts
I've had the same complaint about my last 2 (2015 & 2017) GMC trucks. The way it was "explained" to me was that the heat pads are far less substantial now due to the fact voids have to be put into them to allow the airflow to pass thru for the ventilated seat function.

Whether that's true or not, well...

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
Wasn't mocking the SW in general. I lived there myself for a couple of "Winters", Phoenix to be specific. But in SoCal... let's say, oh, San Diego :) ...where the average low temp in the dead of winter is nearly 50, you're less likely to be dissatisfied with the way the seat heaters work in your CTS than someplace where it actually gets cold.
you forget wind chill...ocean breezes can be chilly...:penguin:

·
Registered
Cadillac
273 Posts
Old thread... but I'll chime in anyway.
My 2014 seat heaters are pretty weak. I had a 2005 CTS previously and they were much warmer, and broader coverage of the seat. Dont know why the 2014 is so marginal....you have to wonder if they are even on or not sometimes.
However, my steering wheel heat works pretty good.

·
Registered
CTS /CTS-V / XTS/ Vsport / Coupe
659 Posts
The 3rd gen cts heated seats are marginal. The 1st and 2nd gen heat up and you know it's heated. I have all 3 gens

·
Registered
2014 CTS V-Sport Premium, 1983 Mercedes 300SD (project car), 1997 Jeep XJ
78 Posts
Mine are okay-ish. I'm somewhat disappointed here in CO. I also have a 99 Buick Riv and those seat heaters are BANGING. Best seat heaters I've ever experienced. I don't understand why GM would move down like that in a more premium car fifteen years newer. This is clearly technology they have a handle on. The max setting should straight up burn your a**. I'm also a bit disappointed with the seat coolers as well. Though I do feel the steering wheel heater gets up to an appropriate temp. You wouldn't want that one to be scorching. I brought it in for warranty once and they did something to make it marginally better.

That said, at least it's not as bad as the Infiniti J30 I just picked up. Those get luke-warm at best. IME most seat heaters are kind of garbage.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts