Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or are you just along for the ride? In other words.. Will you be in a Chrysler or Hummer (or any vehicle other than Cadillac) for your next vehicle? Or are you a true Cadillac "enthusiast" who will be in a Cadillac for a good portion of the rest of his/her life?

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
I'm a Cadillac lover (obviously lol) but I wanna try out other things too. There are a LOT of Cadillacs I'd love to own, but there are many other cars from other brands I'd love to try out too. Basically, I'm a car guy in general, but Cadillacs are my first love.

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
For me, at this time, it depends on what comes up available for the price. I'm a used car kinda guy. The DeVille I now have was all but a gift. I love it, my wife loves it!

If I have my wish it would be to find a sweet deal on a STS, not too picky on the year but don't want one too old or with too many miles. There are a few here in my neighborhood that are in pretty good shape, I may get my wish one of these days when one of my neighbors decide to trade up.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
.... and of course, I'm hooked on the site Sal!

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
You know, I have to say that I was not very impressed with the body style of the CTS when I first saw it. Now I must confess that it is starting to grow on me. I also think that with todays gas prices and the future outlook the smaller chassis and 3.6l engine is looking better all the time....

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,994 Posts
Bought my first Caddy 33 yrs ago. Haven't driven anything else since and do not plan to. Guess that would make me an enthusiast (perhaps a fanatic). I suspect my last ride will be in a Cadillac also.

·
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
5,826 Posts
I sort of fell into the two caddies I've had. I keep thinking about another car but I can't figure out what I like. So I'm in a caddy for now and probably will be for a while.

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
I enjoy both my Cadillac SRX and Lincoln MKZ. I don't see myself buying many Lincolns, though, unless they develop a dedicated platform. As long as Cadillac has a dedicated luxury performace platform, like sigma, that continues to meet my needs and budget, I will likely remain a customer.

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
Along for the ride. Next car may or may not be a Caddy, but that's a couple of years down the road.

(down the road, ahaha)

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
Ill always like Cadillacs...and not just the new ones or because Cadillacs are whats cool in stuff like hip hop...I genuinly love caddys old and new. I'd love to own a 1959 Eldarado someday. But even with that being said, I could own other makes and models too.

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
I'm driving my 5th Cadillac. Prior to my first (78 Coupe' DeVille) I owned an 85 Signature Series Lincoln Continental. After driving the Coupe' I knew that switching was the right decision. You'd have to really impress me with something in the same price range for me to even consider driving something else.

D

·
0 Posts
I've owned 5 Cadillacs, 3 Fleetwood Broughams and 2 Devilles. This of course out of well over 150 cars I have owned. I dont go through cars like I used to but still go through them more than most. I stray from Cadillacs every once in awhile but something always brings me back to the older, bigger, RWD models. I also tend to hold on to my Cadillacs longer than most other cars I own. I'm not a man thats gonna limit myself to one make/type of car though and Cadillacs dont own me, I own them when I feel like owning them. My Fleetwood Brougham is technically sold so I wll be Cadillacless soon. I dont think I'll buy another Brougham though, next time I'm coming back it will be in late 60's Deville convertible. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
Heh, heh, I was thinking that when I get too old to appreciate a Cadillac, I can always drive a Buick.

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
I've been a Cadillac man from birth. But I'm not the kind of person who will just buy anything that has my favorite badge on it. The newer Cadillacs have almost none of the things that first made me attracted to the marque. I don't know what the hell I'll do in a few years for a daily driver, the only new Caddies I like are the DTS and maybe an Escalade. I might get a last gen Fleetwood since that's the last Caddy I can really get excited about.

In summary, I'll always have at least one Cadillac - always - but I won't follow blindly either. If they don't come out with a big car, I'll have to get a Town Car.

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
I dearly love Cadillacs, but I guess I'm a dirty Honda driving sell-out. I can always drive my dad's CTs when I go home.

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
Hmmm, I am but I'm not? My first love was a Corvette, second was the Fleetwood. I have owned 2 Fleetwoods, a Deville, and a CTS. I loved all of them. Unfortunately I cannot afford 2 cars (Fleetwood and CTS) so I gotta sell/trade them for a Vette. That will be my next car. After that is paid off I will again own a Cadillac (as well as a Vette). So I am but I'm not.

·
Registered
Cadillac
55 Posts
I'll always be a classic cadillac lover but as a daily driver, i'm a Toyota sell out. My old LS400 has been too reliable (knock on wood!) Newer Cadillacs don't appeal to me at all. I kinda like the STS but i would much rather have a BMW 5-series or Infiniti M-series. Not that i can afford any of that....

93-97 STS's will always be dear to me. Those cars look good and drive so nice. Mine was an unreliable heap... but i still loved it. That backseat was big... :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts